South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
12/17/14 - 8:24 am
Trustees argue over call to oust Bullock, Thornton; lawyer intervenes
12/17/14 - 8:22 am
Nunn named recipient of Kathleen Walker Lifetime Achievement Award
12/17/14 - 8:21 am
12/18/14 - 7:39 am
Face Person Saturday in final tuneup before Classic
- More A&E
Bracket returns to Prizery as Suzy in The Marvelous Wonderettes
SoVaNow.com / October 10, 2012Sarah Bracket returns to The Prizery stage to play the role of Suzy in The Marvelous Wonderettes opening this Thursday at 7:30 p.m. You may remember Sarah as the very funny step sister in Cinderella!
1. How does it feel to be back at The Prizery?
It feels great to be back at The Prizery and seeing so many wonderful familiar faces again!
2. Are you in touch with summer theatre company members. I understand some are coming from near and far to see the show
* I do! At least when we can, now that everyone has returned to college or moved on to working with other company’s. I am super pumped about seeing some company members from Summer Theatre Celebration who are going to be in South Boston for the opening weekend of The Marvelous Wonderettes! It will be like a mini-reunion!
3. What is most fun about The Marvelous Wonderettes?
* First off I am crazy in love with my character Suzy, she is so fun and full of life and every rehearsal is a exciting adventure with her! There are so many fun things about this show that the list could go on for days, but working long side Jorie, Alison and Emily has been such a blessing and fun time learning from them and feeding off each others energy.
4. Most challenging about working on Wonderettes?
* I didn’t even have to think about this one. The music for show is beyond amazing...but my golly this music! We all decided that there all 4 million notes in this show. The harmonies are so close that if you’re are slightly off it extremely noticeable. So are ears are getting some good extra ear training, which can never hurt us singers! So overall even though it’s challenge it is good challenge and the music is tons of fun.
5. Will our audience love the show?
* I know that every single person no matter the age that comes to see this show is going to leave loving it and full of so much joy that they will be running back to see it over and over again! You can’t help but love this show, the characters, and the music. I truly believe it will be impossible to leave the theatre after the show and not have a huge smile on your face!
6. What are your future plans?
*My future plans are just waiting patiently for whatever God has in store for me next, he has always been there for me and I know he has so much more in store for me.
Come see Sarah, Alison, Emily and Jorie sing many of the great songs from the 50’s and 60’s!
Opening night is Thursday and enjoy the Prom 1958 reception to follow in our banquet hall.
For tickets call The Prizery box-office 434-572-8339 or order online at http://www.prizery.com. See you at The Theatre!