The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

One injured in pickup truck mishap

No let-up in recriminations for Mecklenburg County School Board

Trustees argue over call to oust Bullock, Thornton; lawyer intervenes

Clarksville recognizes volunteer effort

Nunn named recipient of Kathleen Walker Lifetime Achievement Award

Sports

Comets easily handle Tunstall 57-39

Face Person Saturday in final tuneup before Classic

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for April 10, 2014

SoVaNow.com / April 10, 2014
Ezek. 37:3 “And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.” God asked Ezekiel if he thought there was any chance for those bones to come back to life. Ezekiel’s reply: “O Lord God, only you know the answer to that, I don’t.”

Ezek. 37:4 “Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.” Don’t read over this verse, because this is how it’s done! God’s true prophets taught the people the word that came directly from the Living God, and hearing the true Word of the Lord is how you bring those old dead bones back to life. It must be the Word of the Lord—not some man’s word; not some tradition taught to complacent church groups for so long until they believe it to be the true word of God.

God tells us through the prophet Isaiah how He wants his Word to be taught in Isaiah 28: (9) “Whom shall He teach knowledge? And whom shall he make to understand doctrine? Them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts” (those who have gone past the ‘milk’ and into the ‘meat’ of the Word).(10) “For precept” (doctrine) “must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;” (11) “For with stammering lips (jabbering) and another tongue” (a foreign language) “will He speak to this people.” (this refers to the Assyrian language they were soon to hear when they went into captivity).(12) “To whom He said” (thru His prophets) “This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest: and this is the refreshing’: yet they would not hear.” (13) “But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward and be broken, and snared and taken” (this is showing them the certainty of the judgment). “Wherefore hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.”

The word “hear” means to hear with understanding. A person can hear the Word taught, but if it doesn’t sink in, they are still spiritually dead. God’s Word must not only be heard—it must be absorbed. That’s why God sends teachers. But teachers must study to show themselves approved of God to be able to teach His Word with understanding.

The dry bones come alive by hearing God’s Word; not some man’s book about what he thinks will happen in the last days, and certainly not some novel. If you take man’s words as the gospel truth, it will only confuse you and cause you to doubt God’s Word. The source you trust must be God’s Word!

Ezek. 37:5 “Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:”

The word ‘breath’ is ‘ruach’ in the Hebrew language, and means ‘spirit’. When God’s Word is taught and heard with understanding, it causes God to send the Holy Spirit into the person so they continue to understand and continue to learn for as long as they have the desire to do so.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.