The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Move over, Mississippi: cotton crop takes root in Southside Virginia

Compared to Southside Virginia’s big cash crop in tobacco, King Cotton is, well, kind of puny.

Stolen guns found at Clarksville area home

Clarksville Council mulls response to feral cats amid rabies reports

In light of the Clarksville’s recent rabies scare, members of the Town Council again discussed what to do, if anything, with the people who feed the feral cat populations around…

Sports

Owen commits to continue softball playing career at Averett University

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for April 17, 2014

SoVaNow.com / April 17, 2014
Ezek. 37:6 “And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin” (God promises that His Spirit will put meat on those bones, speaking spiritually, of course, and make them a living spiritual being. They will no longer be spiritually dead) “, and put breath in you, and ye shall live“ (that means eternal life) “and ye shall know that I am the LORD.” That’s the whole purpose. God wants His children to recognize who He is, that He is Lord, and that He loves them, but so many do not. Some people act as if they are walking about in a stupor, not really living, but just enduring life, when they could have so much more if they would just acknowledge God as their Father, and show Him the love that He so desires and so deserves from each of His children, how much better things would be for them.

Ezek. 37:7 “So I prophesied as I was commanded:” (Ezekiel is speaking) “and as I prophesied, there was a noise” (a voice), “and behold a shaking,” (a commotion) “and the bones came together, bone to his bone.” Ezekiel saw the bones come to life. The Word of God will do that for you. It will change lives. It’s hard to understand why people will choose death when they can have life—abundant life here and blissful life in the Eternity.

Ezek. 37:8 “And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.” It didn’t happen all at once. When you first begin to study God’s Word, you don’t ‘get it’ all at once. You have to be patient. The Spirit gives us what we can handle each time we study. These bones woke up a little bit with a little teaching.

Ezek. 37:9 “Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.” There is a lot depth to this verse of Scripture. The number ‘4’ pertains to the earth, 4 seasons, 4 directions, etc. We have studied about the 4 winds before, in the book of Revelation, and in the book of Daniel. They are described not as a wind that blows in 4 directions at once, but one that encloses from 4 different directions toward one point. These 4 winds always have to do with the very end of this earth age, the 7th trump and the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.

We read in Revelation, chapter 7, “And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth” (north, east, south and west) “holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.” (2) “And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God” (what is that? God’s seal is His Word, set securely in the minds of His people), “and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea.” (3) “Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads” (Rev.7.1-3). What is in your forehead? It’s your brain. The Word of God is sealed in the minds of those who have “eyes to see and ears to hear”. What does that mean? It means that you know how things are going to be at the end, that is, the events that are going to happen to wind up this earth age. It is to know that the false Messiah is coming to earth first, and we are supposed to resist him and wait for the return of the real Christ. That’s so important, because it’s late in the day. When those who are sealed stand up against Satan, those 4 winds will be turned loose, and the end of this age will come. Then the thousand-year earthly reign of Christ begins.

Ezek. 37:10 “So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.” In his vision, Ezekiel obeyed God, and he saw the bones turn into human figures and stand on their feet, and there were a lot of them! Father is going to explain to Ezekiel the meaning of the parable He just told Ezekiel to preach.

Ezek. 37:11 “Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.” These people represent the whole house of Israel; all 12 tribes. God scattered them, it is true, but they don’t even know who they are.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.