The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

No let-up in recriminations for Mecklenburg County School Board

Trustees argue over call to oust Bullock, Thornton; lawyer intervenes

Clarksville recognizes volunteer effort

Nunn named recipient of Kathleen Walker Lifetime Achievement Award

Clarksville makes list of Top 10 Virginia destinations for Christmas vibe

Sports

Comets easily handle Tunstall 57-39

Face Person Saturday in final tuneup before Classic

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Aug. 15, 2013

SoVaNow.com / August 15, 2013
(Isa. 14:10) “All they shall speak and say unto thee, ‘Art thou also become weak as we? Art thou become like unto us?” In other words, ‘Have you become weak like we are: We thought you were God, Himself.” Now we can understand God comparing Pharaoh to this ‘king of Tyre’, that we read in Ezek. 31:10, saying, ”How did he hold up against me? Do you think you can do better than he did?”

(Isa. 14:11) “Thy pomp is brought down to the grave” (Sheol) “and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee”. This is an analogy, showing how dead Satan will be.

(Isa. 14:12) “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer”, (morning-star; one of Satan’s names) “son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken” (subdue) “the nations!” He’s the fake Morning Star; that old ‘t’ashur’, scrubby box cedar.

(Isa. 14:13) “For thou hast said in thine heart” (this is what Satan thought to do) “I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:” (children of God—that means he’s going to elevate himself above Isaiah, Daniel, David and other great prophets) “I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the North:” He’s talking about the very throne of God—he thinks he’s going to boot God out and take His place! What arrogance! Paul wrote in 2 Thessalonians 2:(3) “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day” (the day Christ returns) “shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin” (Satan) “be revealed, the son of perdition” (the son that perishes; is destroyed). (4) “Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the Temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.” Paul is teaching that before Christ returns, Satan will come to earth claiming to be Jesus, and set himself up in Jerusalem, right on the Temple Mount. People will flock to him, thinking he is Christ.

(Isa. 14:14) “I will ascent above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High” (that’s what Satan will be thinking in his heart, but God is saying:) (15) “Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.” Which one do you think will be right; Satan of God?

(Isa. 14:16) “They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, ‘Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms?” This is after his reign as Antichrist, and Christ returns. God is going to throw him into the pit, where he will remain for almost the entire Millennium reign of Christ. Then, he will be released and will come up against God at the Battle of Armageddon; which he loses, of course. How did this miserable wretch grow to be so powerful that he could rule the world and deceive people in such a way? Not by his own power or might, but only because God allows it. It’s testing time, and before God brings in the Eternity, there must be a final testing of His children to see whether they will remain true to Him or follow Satan.

(Isa. 14:17) “That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof, that opened not the house of his prisoners?” This should be ‘loosed not’; meaning that he captured their minds, and didn’t let go.

(Isa. 14:18) “All the kings of the nations, even all of them lie” (sleep) “in glory, every one in his own house,” This means burial house or mausoleum.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.