The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

No let-up in recriminations for Mecklenburg County School Board

Trustees argue over call to oust Bullock, Thornton; lawyer intervenes

Clarksville recognizes volunteer effort

Nunn named recipient of Kathleen Walker Lifetime Achievement Award

Clarksville makes list of Top 10 Virginia destinations for Christmas vibe

Sports

Comets easily handle Tunstall 57-39

Face Person Saturday in final tuneup before Classic

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Aug. 29, 2013

SoVaNow.com / August 29, 2013
This is the final chapter in the parable of the Babylonian war. It’s a long parable. The first part has to do with judgment and the latter part has to do with perdition. The word ‘perdition’ means ‘to perish’. The dictionary gives the meaning as: “in theology, (a) the loss of the soul or of hope of salvation, (b) hell.” This is a part of the parable of the time when the king of Babylon, Satan, makes his appearance on earth claiming to be Jesus.

Ezek. 32:1 “And it came to pass in the twelfth year, in the twelfth month, in the first day of the month, that the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,” (2) “Son of man, take up a lamentation” (another sad song; another warning) “for Pharaoh king of Egypt,” (a type of the antichrist) “and say unto him, Thou art like a young lion of the nations, and thou art as a whale in the seas:” (seas usually means ‘masses of people’, but also means a collection of waters, like the branches of the Nile river) “and thou camest forth with thy rivers, and troubledst the waters with thy feet, and fouledst their rivers.” The word ‘whale’ is a mistranslation—a whale does not have feet—it means ‘crocodile’. God is speaking to Pharaoh, so the river, of course, is the Nile. He says, ‘You think you are a strong, roaring lion’, comparing him to the tribe of Judah, ‘but you are nothing but an old crocodile, and rather than helping people, all you do is tromp around on the bottom of the river with your feet and stir up the mud from the bottom.’

Ezek. 32:3 “Thus saith the Lord God; I will therefore spread out my net over thee with a company” (a gathered host of heaven) “of many” (mighty) “people; and they shall bring thee up in my net.” God’s net will catch those who have not adhered to the Word He has left for His children. Notice all the ‘I will’s’ in these next few verses. When God says He ‘will’ do a thing, you can count on it. He is emphasizing what He is going to do, and it’s His promise.

Ezek. 32:4 “Then will I leave thee upon the land, I will cast thee forth upon he open field, and will cause all the fowls of the heaven to remain upon thee, and I will fill” (satisfy) “the beasts of the whole earth with thee.” Sea creatures cannot live long on an open field. If you take them out of the water for long, they can’t survive.

Ezek. 32:5 “And I will lay thy flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with thy height” (thy high heap). This is speaking of the slain; the deceived. He’s saying that there will be ‘heaps of you’. God is letting us know just how many will be deceived when that time comes. The majority of the world will be deceived by Satan when he comes claiming to be Jesus

Ezek. 32:6 “I will also water with thy blood the land wherein thou swimmest, even to the mountains; and the rivers” (referring to torrents of deception in the end times) “shall be full of thee.” (7) “And when I shall put thee out” (extinguish, as a light) “I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.” Think of a flame. God is saying to those who will be deceived by Satan, ‘When I extinguish thee, when I put out your lamp, there won’t be any Truth for you. Because you are in such a stupor, I will shut up Truth from you.’ In Revelation 6:12-17, John saw the seals being opened. The sixth seal, the sixth vial and the sixth trumpet all refer to Satan’s coming to earth in his role as the antichrist (666), and John, the writer of the book of Revelation, writes: “and lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;” (13) “and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.” (14) “And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.” (15) “And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;” (16) “And said to the mountains and rocks, ‘Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him That sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:” (17) “for the great day of His wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” It’s going to happen, my friend. God said it, and it will come to pass. Be ready.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.