The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Muzzled Mecklenburg trustees walk away

Sturdifen, Edwards protest School Board’s decision to drop board member comments

Parents sue to nix Thornton contract

Nine seek redress from circuit judge

Man enters plea in theft from family relief fund

Sports

Burton to fill in for Stewart again this weekend

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Dec. 19. 2013

SoVaNow.com / December 19, 2013
Ezek. 34:7 “Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the Lord;” God is saying, ‘Now, you preachers; you so-called spiritual leaders, listen to Me.’ It’s past time they started taking their responsibilities seriously, because souls are going to hell for lack of hearing the real Word of God.

Ezek. 34:8 “As I live, saith the Lord God, surely because My flock became a prey,” (sitting ducks for anybody to rip them off) “And my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did My shepherds search for My flock,” (they didn’t care enough to keep God’s Word before them so they would know to rely on Him for protection) “but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;” In the Hebrew manuscripts, it says that God was furious when He said this. He’s going to judge the shepherds first, and it won’t be pretty. Preachers and teachers today had better be thinking about how to please our Father rather than thinking about how to rip off the sheep just to feather their own nest. And that is done today - ‘there’s nothing new under the sun’. God is not going to leave any of us out when it comes to punishment for failing to teach His Word to the people as He has spoken it.

Ezek. 34:9 ”Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the Lord:” ‘You preachers; you leaders of My people, listen to Me!’ And we had better do that!

Ezek. 34:10 “Thus saith the Lord God; Behold I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand,” (they are going to be accountable for every soul they led astray; they are going to account to God for every soul they failed to witness to) “And cause them to cease from feeding the flock;” (all they have been feeding them is untruths; false doctrines, traditions of men; lies) “Nether shall the shepherds feed themselves any more”(God’s going to break their plates); “For I will deliver my flock from their mouth” (God is going to cause them to stop listening to words from the priest’s mouth by giving them wisdom to discern lies from the truth) “that they may not be meat for them”. God is promising to teach them Truth and give them wisdom to come out from under their false teachings.

Ezek. 34:11 “For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my Sheep, and seek them out.” God is going to bring them out of confusion Himself, and the sheep are beginning to hear the real truth in these latter days.

It’s being taught more and more, and as the sheep hear the voice of the Master Shepherd, and recognize His voice, they are running to hear His Truth. There’s a reason for using the analogy of sheep as people; we react to being fed in the same way.

If you are raising sheep, and put out good food for them, they will flock to the feeding trough. Same thing goes for people—if the preachers and teachers of God’s Word will put out the real truth in their churches, people will congregate there and keep coming back, because they are hungry for truth - they desire the real ‘meat’ from God’s Word!

Ezek. 34:12 “As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered;” (that’s God’s presence) “so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.” The accountability of the shepherd is much greater than that of the sheep.

Ezek. 34:13 “And I will bring them out from the people” (the nations), “and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.” God is talking about Israel; the ten tribes; those who lost track of their heritage - not Judah. Judah has returned to their land, setting themselves up as a nation again. What is this land God is talking about? Look around you.

Ezek. 34:14 “I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.”

I believe this is America, because where else does this describe?

Most nations have problems feeding their own. But we have waving fields of grain in such abundance that we ship it all around the world. And our government even pays farmers not to produce some crops.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.