The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

TMI Auto Tech, backed by tobacco grant, aims to develop the ‘Spider’, 19 new jobs

TMI Auto Tech, exclusive North American manufacturer of the Ariel Atom vehicle, has been awarded an $838,000 grant from the Virginia Tobacco Commission to develop a new sports car, the…

College Awareness Night at HCHS Tuesday

The Southern Piedmont Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) and the Halifax County High School guidance department will sponsor a College Awareness Night on Tuesday, Sept. 30, at 6:30 p.m., at the…

Community mourns death of Halifax merchant, civic leader Garland Childrey

Sports

Comet invitational

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Dec. 20, 2012

SoVaNow.com / December 20, 2012
(Ezek. 23:46) “For thus saith the Lord God;”(He’s going to pronounce a sentence; His judgment upon them) “I will bring up a company (a gathering host) “upon them, and will give them to be removed and spoiled.” It’s going to happen; you can count on it. They were taken captive in that day—Israel by Assyria and Judah by Nebuchadnezzar, and those Christians–in-name-only, represented by the two old sisters in this chapter, will be taken captive by the antichrist in our day.

(Ezek. 23:47) “And the company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords; they shall slay their sons and their daughters, and burn up their houses with fire.”

The ‘fire’ spoken of here is the apostasy; the falling away from Christ to the antichrist. These swords are the swords of the ‘king of Babylon’ that we discussed in the 21st Chapter of Ezekiel. God will allow the king of Babylon; the son of perdition; the devil, himself, and his fallen angels, to chastise the people to get their attention. The sad thing is that they think he’s Jesus because of what they have been taught in their churches.

(Ezek. 23:48) “Thus will I cause lewdness to cease out of the land, that all women may be taught not to do after your lewdness.” When we truly repent of our sins, God forgives us, wipes them away—they no longer exist and He doesn’t want us to bring them up again. These people are not going to repent in the flesh, so Father is saying: ‘I’m going to use you as an example.’ When people stand naked and pregnant (spiritually speaking; not in the flesh) for the whole world to see Satan’s mark upon them, they are going to be so ashamed that they want the mountains to fall on them.

(Ezek. 23:49) “And they shall recompense our lewdness upon you, and ye shall bear the sins of your idols” (you’re not going to get off free) “and ye shall know that I am the Lord God.”

What God really wants is that all of His children come to know Him as their Father. On the first day of the Millennium, those who have been taught wrong and who have not had a chance to know the Truth will be taught at that time.

There will be some very serious discipline going on during that time. Christ will say, ‘Look at what you did of your own free will. You took your one verse here and one verse there, without learning My overall plan, and it led you into apostasy. Because of your ignorance, Satan deceived you into thinking you were following Me.’ Nobody will be accepted into the eternity until they have proven themselves worthy. They are going to know who the real Christ is, but sadly, at the end of the Millennium, some will still not love Him, and they will go into the lake of fire with Satan and his angels. There’s a new day coming, and for some it will be a glorious time, but for those like these sisters, Aholah and Aholibah, it will be a sad day, a day of reckoning.

But, it doesn’t have to be that way. Father has taken the time to let us know what’s coming, and right now, we have the time to make corrections.

“But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father” (Mark 13:32).

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.