The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Veterans Day Parade Nov. 8

A season of transformation

It’s some play

Great stories cannot exist without great narration. A good narrator moves the plot along and clarifies details for the reader. The same is true when a story is brought to…

Sports

Comets routed by Magna Vista

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Dec. 26, 2013

SoVaNow.com / December 26, 2013
Ezek. 34:15 “I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord God.” That means they are going to stay there.

Ezek. 34:16 “I will seek that which was lost,” (God has done that. He has blessed them and cared for them, even though they don’t know who they are, and most don’t even give Him credit for what He has done.) “And bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick; but I will destroy” (this should read ‘watch’) “the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.” This is speaking of the Millennium time. God is keeping His eye on those who have gotten rich by teaching things other than the Truth of God’s Word, and their judgment will be severe.

Ezek. 34:17 “And as for you, O My flock, Thus saith the Lord God;” (now, God speaks to the ‘sheep’—His children) “Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle,” (between the sheep and the goats) “between the rams and the he goats.” Take a home assignment and read Matthew 25, verses 31 to the end.

Ezek. 34:18 “Seemeth it” (‘is it’) “a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture” (He refers back to those ‘he goats’; He’s calling false preachers ‘he goats’), “But ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures: And to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?” Translated into modern English, it could say: “Does it seem like a little thing to you that you took the best part of the Word, My Truth, and you knew it, and understood it, but you wouldn’t teach it to the sheep? Further, you took your ‘churchiosity’; your traditions and harped on that until the poor church goer doesn’t even have a prayer of a chance of understanding My Word.” It’s not that the Word of God is hard to understand; it has been muddied with man’s traditions, and that’s what confuses people.

Ezek. 34:19 “And as for My flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet.” Father is saying: ‘My children have not been fed the best food of the Word. They have to be satisfied with that which you have trampled down and muddied with your traditions.” That means the dregs of religion, and has nothing to do with Christianity. Do you remember we studied earlier in this Book of Ezekiel where God talks about the whitewashed walls? They look good, but when the rains came, it all was washed away. It didn’t hold up. The rapture doctrine won’t hold up, either. When Satan comes as antichrist, and doesn’t fly people out of here, and he won’t, because he can’t, what are they going to think? God is not going to fly people out of the world, either, and He tells us that Jesus is coming here to set up His Millennial Kingdom; not to fly us out of the world.

Ezek. 34:20 “Therefore thus saith the Lord God unto them; Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle” (those rip-off artists) “and between the lean cattle.” That’s the scrawny, starved sheep. God isn’t sending someone to do the job for Him: He’s going to do it Himself. You don’t want to be in their shoes!

Ezek. 34:21 “Because ye have thrust with side and with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad;” This verse is telling us about those preachers who only buddy-buddy with the wealthier members of the congregation and ignore the rest. They preach what those who can support the church want to hear, and ignore those who don’t have much to contribute, rather than preaching the whole truth that would equalize everyone. In other words, it’s talking about preachers who ‘play favorites’.

Ezek. 34:22 “Therefore will I save My flock”, (the flock will be taught—if not by their denomination, then God will raise up a teacher who will do it and who will be accessible to His flock. It’s God’s will that all will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus, but if they are not being fed where they are members, God will see to it that they have the opportunity to hear it somewhere. They may not accept it when they hear it, but at least God has given them the opportunity to hear. Everyone must have that opportunity before they can enter the Eternity—if not here, they will have their chance in the Millennium. I am not teaching a second chance. It’s just that many people never get the chance while they live, so that will be their first chance. “And they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.” God promises that He will take away those false teachers from them, and the flock can finally be fed before they are judged.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.