The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Local Visitor Center garners honor from state association

The South Boston/Halifax County Visitor Center has received the “Visitor Center of the Year” award given annually by the Virginia Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus (VACVB).

Fire halted at edge of data center

Leaf-burning spirals out of control; person responsible may be liable for damage after violating 4 p.m. ban

Chase City beefs up ordinance for derelict buildings

The ordinance defines a dilapidated building as any residential, rental or commercial structure that could contribute to the spread of disease or injury, creates a fire hazard, is liable to…

Sports

SBS to race under the lights

The first race of the night will get the green flag at 7 p.m.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Dec. 6, 2012

SoVaNow.com / December 05, 2012
(Ezek. 23: 27) “Thus will I make thy lewdness to cease from thee, and thy whoredom” (unfaithfulness to God) “brought from the land of Egypt: so that thou shalt not lift up thine eyes unto them,” (not flutter their eyelashes in a seductive way) “nor remember Egypt any more.” This verse is saying: ‘You’re going to wake up from false doctrine, like the rapture theory, and others, to find your children have been in it so long you may not be able to reach them with the truth.’

(Ezek. 23:28) “For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will deliver thee into the hand of them whom thou hatest, into the hand of them from whom thy mind is alienated:” God is saying, ‘If false religion is what you want; then false religion is what you will get.’

(Ezek. 23:29) “And they shall deal with thee hatefully,“ (spitefully) “and shall take away all thy labour, and shall leave thee naked and bare: and the nakedness of thy whoredoms shall be discovered, both thy lewdness and thy whoredoms.” Can you imagine yourself standing naked and bare before all your friends? That’s what it is going to feel like to those who fall away to Satan, thinking he is Jesus, when they realize they have been deceived.

(Ezek. 23:30) “I will do these things unto thee,” (who is going to do them? God, and you can count on it) “because thou hast gone a whoring after the heathen, and because thou art polluted with their idols” There you have it. This chapter has not been talking about harlotry and the flesh, but about idols: religious beliefs; traditions of men, heathenism brought into the house of God.

(Ezek. 23:31) “Thou hast walked in the way of thy sister; therefore will I give her cup into thine hand.” Both of them will have the same punishment.

(Ezek. 23:32) “Thus saith the Lord God; thou shalt drink of thy sister’s cup deep and large: thou shalt be laughed to scorn and had in derision; it containeth much.” It’s going to be a terrible thing to not have on that gospel armor in the ‘day of the Lord’; the day Christ returns. Remember, this is an analogy. We are not going to be laughing at them because they are lost. We don’t want to see any of our sisters and brothers lost. People will be pointing fingers at them because they should have known better. I believe some of the ‘scorn and derision’ will come from their own mouths when they realize what they have done, and what they have failed to do.

Christ was teaching in the cities and villages on his way toward Jerusalem when someone asked Him: “Lord, are there few that be saved?” Jesus answered, telling him that there would be people who thought they had been doing alright in their lives, thinking they had been doing things which they called ‘working for the kingdom’. But, too late they found that what they had been doing was done for the wrong reasons, and were not pleasing to the Father at all. They said: “É.We have eaten and drunk in Thy presence, and Thou hast taught in our streets. But He shall say, ‘I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from Me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham , and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out” (Luke 14:26-28). What a sad thing it will be to hear Christ say: “I never knew you.”

(Ezek. 23:33) “Thou shalt be filled with drunkenness and sorrow, with the cup of astonishment and desolation, with the cup of thy sister Samaria.” They are going to be deceived in what is known as ‘the great apostasy”, the falling away to Satan.

(Ezek. 23:34) “Thou shalt even drink it and suck it out, and thou shalt break the sherds thereof, and pluck off” (tear out: destroy the occasion of their idolatry) ”thine own breasts: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God.” As they stand there in shame before God at the end of this earth age, they will have learned their lesson for one and all time. If they don’t, they will die at the end of the Millennium, and they won’t have another chance because at the end of the Millennium, Satan and his followers will be thrown into the lake of fire, and everyone stands before God at the Great White Throne Judgment.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.