The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

No let-up in recriminations for Mecklenburg County School Board

Trustees argue over call to oust Bullock, Thornton; lawyer intervenes

Clarksville recognizes volunteer effort

Nunn named recipient of Kathleen Walker Lifetime Achievement Award

Clarksville makes list of Top 10 Virginia destinations for Christmas vibe

Sports

Comets easily handle Tunstall 57-39

Face Person Saturday in final tuneup before Classic

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Feb. 27, 2014

SoVaNow.com / February 27, 2014
Ezek. 36:11 “And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.” The use of “after your old estates” refers to the first earth age. This looks forward to the time that Ezekiel describes the geological location of each tribe in the closing chapters of this book.

Ezek. 36:12 “Yea, I will cause men to walk upon you, even my people Israel; and they shall possess thee, and thou shalt be their inheritance, and thou shalt no more henceforth bereave them of men.” (13) “Thus saith the Lord God; Because they say unto you, Thou land devourest up men, and hast bereaved thy nations;” These verses are written to the land of the descendants of the scattered Israelites who went north over the Caucasus mountain; that is, America, telling her that her people will no more be scattered from her. They are “bereaved of the land”. How do you “bereave” a nation? The shepherds have not taught the sheep, and their heritage is forfeited mentally and spiritually speaking, because they don’t know who they are. They think they are Gentiles. Of course, they are bereaved. This is not just speaking of descendants of the tribe of Judah. It is speaking of all twelve tribes, including Judah. The whole house of Israel received the promise God made to Abraham that they would become as numerous as the stars of heaven and the sands of the sea. Where are those multitudes of people today? Has the earth been “bereaved” of all true Israelites? Not at all; they are very much present. It’s just that they don’t know who they are. The majority of the seed of Israel don’t care who their ancestors were, and some who do care think they are Gentiles, because their ‘shepherds’ haven’t taught them. The Jews, those descended from the tribe of Judah, know who their ancestors are because, for the most part, they have held to their original religion.

Ezek. 36:14 “Therefore thou shalt devour men no more, neither bereave thy nations any more, saith the Lord GOD.” The promise is that they are not going to be scattered ever again. Father is saying, “You are not going to let some false teaching get in the way of teaching the true Word of God like the false teachers did before. They will know their true inheritance.” We have previously covered verses that tell us God holds responsible those who preach and teach, for how they lead His people. He told Ezekiel to prophesy, to preach against those in his day, and the message is intended for our day, too. He lets them as well as those in our day, that He is not happy with those who teach falsely or who withhold His Word from His people. The apostle Peter tells us that those responsible for the working of the church, that is, preachers and teachers, are judged before anyone else. He wrote, “For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?” (1Peter .4.17). He is talking about those who are not faithful to take the true message of God as He gives it to them.

Ezek. 36:15 “Neither will I cause men to hear in thee the shame of the heathen any more, neither shalt thou bear the reproach of the people any more, neither shalt thou cause thy nations to fall any more, saith the Lord God.” In our Promised Land, the Eternity, there will be no heathen rituals or practices like hiding Easter eggs and calling it Christianity. There won’t be any false teachings; no heathen practices that have all been done in the name of religion. That completes God’s prophecies to the land. In the next thirteen verses we begin to see the gathering back, or the restoration. It would be well if they deserved it. They don’t. But, that is not the reason God restores them to the land. It is because we have a loving Father, and He keeps His promises.

Ezek. 36:16 “Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,” [17] “Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.”

This is the language of the Bible that describes a monstrous woman, who was regarded as unclean, and who had to set herself apart during that time. This is letting us know exactly what God thinks of the false religions and the false shepherds we have been speaking of. They were priests in that day and preachers/teachers in our day.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.