The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

SOL test scores: Mixed bag

Halifax makes the grade half of the time with passing rates, but dropoffs outnumber gains

Judge nixes lawsuit by motorsports instructor

Case dismissed after Wilborn contested firing

Jobless rate rises to 8.8 percent in July

Halifax County’s unemployment rate jumped from 8.3 percent in June to 8.8 percent in July. Over 900 people left the labor force, which numbered 15,974 in June, but fell to…

Sports

Comets fall in opener to Jefferson Forest

A quick, athletic Jefferson Forest squad proved too potent offensively for the Halifax County High School varsity football squad Friday night, speeding past the Comets, 50-30, in South Boston.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Jan. 30, 2014

SoVaNow.com / January 30, 2014
Ezek. 35:11 “Therefore, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will even do according to thine anger, and according to thine envy which thou hast used out of thy hatred against them; and I will make myself known among them, when I have judged thee.” They tell their people there is no God, but when God Almighty stands before them after the battle of Hamongog, they will all know that He is God, and that’s the purpose of it. People will realize that not one person other than the army that marches on Alaska had a part in it. It will not be America’s military and not one of mankind’s weapons of mass destruction that is used. It will be God, Himself who rains down massive hailstones from the skies and destroys Russia’s invading army, just like He did at Sodom and Gomorrah. Our Father does not want or need man’s help in fighting that battle. The purpose is only to show unbelievers that there really is a God, and that He is alive and well, and in control of everything - including them!

Ezek. 35:12 “And thou shalt know that I am the LORD, and that I have heard all thy blasphemies which thou hast spoken against the mountains of Israel, saying, They are laid desolate, they are given us to consume.” “Mountains of Israel” means America because she was settled by many of the descendants of the ten tribes, known as “Israel”. The land of Israel is most often referred to as “Judah” in the Bible. Russia will say, “Now is our chance to take America”. With our mighty military, what would prompt them to say that? Our government has signed an agreement with Russia to halt the production of weapons. We will abide by any agreement we make, but that certainly is not true of Russia. Like Iran, Syria and some other nations, they will agree to anything in order to get the world’s attention away from themselves. Then it will be business as usual with them. Somehow, the powers that be in the United States can’t seem to grasp that fact. If our military and our defensive weaponry are cut short, we will be seen as weak and easily taken. Ungodly nations do not understand that God has a Plan and that it is coming to pass just as He has ordained it. Neither do they know that God uses whomever He chooses; good or bad, to carry out His plan. Sometimes God uses even ungodly people, and they never now they have been used of God to bring about a part of His Plan.

Ezek. 35:13 “Thus with your mouth ye have boasted against me, and have multiplied your words against me: I have heard them.” This is not only talking about Russia, but the false shepherds as well. God keeps very good records, and it’s about to be payday for all of them.

Ezek. 35:14 “Thus saith the Lord GOD; When the whole earth rejoiceth, I will make thee desolate.” The “whole earth” is referring to the soon-coming one-world political system that is in the works and is prophesied to almost come into being, but suffers a “deadly wound”. That’s the time the Antichrist makes his debut claiming to be Jesus. His influence will be over the whole world. Most will believe he is really Jesus, and will worship him, follow him, and work to enlist others to fall in with him, too. But it will prove to be a fatal mistake for them.

Ezek. 35:15 “As thou didst rejoice at the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so will I do unto thee: thou shalt be desolate, O mount Seir, and all Idumea, even all of it: and they shall know that I am the LORD.” “Idumea” means ‘red’. Who has always been known as the red nation? Russia, of course. They rejoiced; took advantage of the weakness of God’s people, and it’s God’s time to pay them back.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.