The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Local Visitor Center garners honor from state association

The South Boston/Halifax County Visitor Center has received the “Visitor Center of the Year” award given annually by the Virginia Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus (VACVB).

Fire halted at edge of data center

Leaf-burning spirals out of control; person responsible may be liable for damage after violating 4 p.m. ban

Chase City beefs up ordinance for derelict buildings

The ordinance defines a dilapidated building as any residential, rental or commercial structure that could contribute to the spread of disease or injury, creates a fire hazard, is liable to…

Sports

SBS to race under the lights

The first race of the night will get the green flag at 7 p.m.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for July 11, 2013

SoVaNow.com / July 11, 2013
Ezek. 30:12 “And I will make the rivers dry, and sell the land into the hand of the wicked:” (who on earth is ‘the wicked’? Satan, of course!) “and I will make the land waste, and all that is therein, by the hand of strangers: I the Lord have spoken it.” As we read in Rev. 12:7, when Satan is cast out of heaven, his little angels are cast out with him. In the Hebrew tongue, they are called ‘death’ because they are spiritually dead, having already been sentenced to die along with Satan, having no chance of salvation. They will go into the lake of fire with Satan, so it is no surprise that the words that come out of their mouths bring spiritual death to all who listen and believe them. If God speaks it, you can be sure it will come to pass.

Ezek. 30:13 “Thus saith the Lord God; I will also destroy the idols, and I will cause their images to cease out of Noph” (Memphis, the city of Egypt located about five miles from the great pyramids and the sphinx) “and there shall be no more a prince of the land of Egypt.” (this is telling us of the time when the world is under one-worldism, because at that time, there will be only one prince, and that’s Satan) “and I will put a fear in the land of Egypt” (14) “And I will make Pathros desolate, and will set fire in Zoan, and will execute judgments in No.” This is No-ammon, a city of Egypt, better known as Thebes.

Ezek. 30:15 “And I will pour My fury upon Sin” (located near the Suez Canal and the Sinai Peninsula) “the strength of Egypt; and I will cut off the multitude of No.” (16) “And I will set fire in Egypt: Sin shall have great pain, and No shall be rent asunder, and Noph shall have distresses daily.” (17) “The young men of Aven (meaning ‘nothingness’) “and of Pi-beseth “ (located about 40 miles from Memphis, on the banks of the Nile) “shall fall by the sword: and these cities shall go into captivity.” The inhabitants of all these places will fall ‘hook, line and sinker’ for Satan’s lies: they are totally captivated by their lies.

Ezek. 30:18 “At Tehaphnehes also the day shall be darkened, when I shall break there the yokes of Egypt: and the pomp of her strength shall cease in her: as for her, a cloud shall cover her, and her daughters shall go into captivity.” (19) “Thus will I execute judgments in Egypt; and they shall know that I am the Lord.” Again, this is the purpose of it—not because God hates them; it’s not for vengeance; not for spite; but because God loves them and He knows that’s what it will take to waken them from their stupor. God wants them to be warned of the spiritual danger ahead so they can be prepared and not fall for Satan’s lies.

Ezek. 30:20 “And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the first month, in the seventh day of the month, that the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,” (21) “Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and, lo, it shall not be bound up to be healed, to put a roller to bind it, to make it strong to hold the sword.” This word came to Ezekiel four months before the fall of Jerusalem. Egypt’s role as leader of Ishmael’s nations will be broken, in fact, they will hardly even recognize the leader of Egypt at that time, so nobody will take time to bind up the broken pieces of Egypt’s position among the 12 nations of Ishmael. Why? Because we’re going into one-worldism at that time. Most people have heard it called ‘the one-world order’, or ‘the new-world order’ - it’s all one and the same. We will call it ‘one-worldism’ because it’s shorter.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.