The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Four injured in two-vehicle crash

Chase City Council voices opposition to Thornton’s contract

The vote was four in favor, and none opposed. Council members Marshall Whitaker and Vice-Mayor Lisa Gillispie were absent from the meeting.

One killed in fatal crash

A Boydton woman was killed Friday after her car collided with a truck at the intersection of US 58 and route 92 in Boydton.

Sports

South Boston in O-Zone title game

The local all-stars stayed in contention with a 10-5 win over Madison Heights on Monday.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for July 18, 2013

SoVaNow.com / July 18, 2013
Ezek. 30:22 “Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and will break his arms, the strong, and that which was broken; and I will cause the sword to fall out of his hand.” (23) “And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.” Why will all this happen? He’s going into the captivity of one-worldism; and the deception of the end times. If one nation held out, it could not become ‘one-worldism’.

Ezek. 30:24 “And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put My sword in his hand.” (this is still talking about Satan, and it’s a little hard to understand why God would use him in this way, if you don’t remember that God has a master plan for this world, and He uses anyone He chooses to bring His plan together. Satan couldn’t do a thing if God didn’t allow it because he has no authority whatsoever, but God will use him to bring the scriptures to pass as they are written. God has spoken what He plans to do, and it shall come to pass—count on it!) “but I will break Pharaoh’s arms, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of a deadly wounded man.” This is telling us of the time when it seems that one-worldism is not quite coming together, one of the nations is not buying into it, but Antichrist brings it into the fold, and ‘heals the deadly wound’, or makes it seem that it is healed. Revelation 13:3 says: “And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.” That’s when Satan steps onto the scene in person and makes his appearance claiming to be Jesus: “Messiah”, savior of the world. What an abomination!

Ezek. 30:25 “But I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and the arms of Pharaoh shall fall down; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall put My sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it out upon the land of Egypt.”

That’s the way it’s going down. Who is going to do it? God, Himself. As already stated, Satan couldn’t even begin to even launch, much less complete a campaign like this if God didn’t give him the power to get it done. God promised Egypt that they would always be a ‘base kingdom’—never again be a world power (Ezek. 29:14). They would however, be the longest existing nation in the world. I believe His reason for keeping them in that state was that their fall into the one-world system would be a sign to those who have ‘eyes to see and ears to hear’ that the time of the appearance of the antichrist is near. This brings our attention to the 20th verse we just read, where it will be just four months before the fall of Jerusalem. Watchmen, watch, for your redemption draweth nigh!

Ezek. 30:26 “And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and disperse them among the countries; and they shall know that I am the Lord.” Dispersed in what way? Inasmuch as all nations will become one under the rule of the ‘king of Babylon’ of the end times, they will, in effect be assimilated into all the people of the world under the ‘four hidden dynasties’ of Satan: politics, religion, education and financial.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.