The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Veterans Day Parade Nov. 8

A season of transformation

It’s some play

Great stories cannot exist without great narration. A good narrator moves the plot along and clarifies details for the reader. The same is true when a story is brought to…

Sports

Comets routed by Magna Vista

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for June 13, 2013

SoVaNow.com / June 12, 2013
Ezek. 29:10 “Behold, therefore I am against thee” (this is not good news for them) “and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia.” That’s including all the way to Africa. This is serious. It just doesn’t make sense to go against God!

Ezek. 29:11 “No food of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.” Forty years is a generation, and it’s a long time when there could be no free trade or passage, and there has been a time when it was not safe to pass through the land because you might be gunned down. It’s certainly not very safe for Christian believers in this day either.

Ezek. 29:12 “And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.” When is a land ‘desolate’? The ultimate desolation of a land is when Jesus Christ is not honored there. The trouble the world has with terrorists today comes out of the Islamic religion, which does not recognize Jesus as the Messiah. There are many good people among the Muslims, but that religion spawned the terrorist groups. They will be so poor that part of their people will have to go elsewhere to survive. As a matter of interest, there were more Egyptians on the Iraqi line during the Iraq/Iran war than any other nationality other than the Iraqis themselves. God’s Word is true.

Ezek. 29:13 “Yet thus saith the Lord God; at the end of forty years will I gather the Egyptians from the people whither they were scattered:” They are going to have a little time of prosperity. The U.S. has poured billions of dollars into Egypt since the Camp David Accord. In the remainder of this chapter and into the next, we are going to be given some signs as to what will happen just before and after Antichrist appears. Remember, the ‘type’ of Antichrist in these chapters is the king of Babylon. When God refers to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon as “My servant”, it’s because He’s using him as a sort of chastening rod to get His people in line; to discipline them.

Ezek. 29:14 “And I will bring again the captivity of Egypt” (God is going to hold them down. Keep in mind that God also brings about captivity unto Himself as well as bringing people into captivity by other nations and it‘s all for the purpose of having them realize that He is God) “and will cause them to return into the land of Pathros,” (southern Egypt) “into the land of their habitation” (their native land); “and they shall be there a base kingdom.” Egypt is going to be a small kingdom. They will never be prominent; never again be a super-power among the nations.

Ezek. 29:15 “It shall be the basest of the kingdoms; neither shall it exalt itself any more above the nations: for I will diminish them that they shall no more rule over the nations.” God’s Word is true, and it happened in our generation!

Ezek. 29:16 “And it shall be no more the confidence of the house of Israel, which bringeth their iniquity to remembrance, when they shall look after them: but they shall know that I am the Lord God”—that being the purpose, of course.

Not only Israel, but the other nations as well would know that our Father is the only God; the Living God. It’s alright to go to your brother for help but, go to your Father first; don’t go to your brother first. We have a jealous Father. Talk to Him and then go to your brother if God directs you to do that.

Ezek. 29:17 “And it came to pass in the seven and twentieth year”, (this was the year 463 BC) “in the first month, in the first day of the month,” (on the first day of Nissan; our April 1) “the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,” (18) “Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon caused his army to serve a great service against Tyrus: every head was made bald, and every shoulder was peeled: yet had he no wages, nor his army, for Tyrus, for the service that he had served against it:” Nebuchadnezzar fought a long war against Pharaoh Amasis, and ‘every head was made bald, and every shoulder was peeled’, which probably came from wearing their helmets and bearing arms for so long at a time in battle.

Ezek. 29:19 “Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will give the land of Egypt unto Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; and he shall take her multitude, and take her spoil, and take her prey; and it shall be the wages for his army.”

God always pays His servants through the blessings He gives. Nebuchadnezzar was a servant of God because God used him to accomplish His purpose, and although he was king over a heathen nation, God still paid him for his services.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.