The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Recycling center fire causes $10,000 in damage

FIGHTING HUNGER

Halifax County food pantries form coalition

It takes a Village ... Post Office

Sports

Lady Dragons take control of net over Blackstone, Nottoway

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for March 27, 2014

SoVaNow.com / March 27, 2014
Ezek. 36:34 “And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.” In a spiritual sense, this is telling us that the places that have had a famine for hearing God’s Word, will be ‘tilled”, or prepared to be receptive of God’s Truth that will be taught to the people during the Millennium. But, in real time, especially following the Millennium, the time is coming when the surface of planet earth is going to be made new, rejuvenated to become the perfect environment God will prepare for the overcomers. This, of course, is the Eternity.

Ezek. 36:35 “And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.” Our God is such a great provider. He is assuring the faithful that He will continue to provide for them, even in the Eternity. But, we don’t have to wait for that time to receive His blessings. All who are His children, regardless of what race they are, if they believe in Him, they can claim these blessings today, and prosper. He will see to it. It is His great pleasure to bless those who love Him, follow Him, and live to the best of their ability to please Him. If only unsaved people could realize what they are missing.

Ezek. 36:36 “Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.”

Only the Father can rebuild this earth to be the splendid place it was before Satan’s fall. That’s what we have to look forward to in the Eternity. Those who live for the world depend on man to bring total peace.

They look to peace talks with other nations here and yonder, but, no matter how high the position, no man on earth can bring peace to the world. Only Jesus, the Prince of Peace can do that. And He will do that, but not until He returns to earth for the Millennial reign.

Ezek. 36:37 “Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be inquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.” There will be converts to the Truth, and a time when they will ask for what they had despised in the past. This will not come to pass until Israel and Judah are joined back as “one stick”.

Ezek. 36:38 “As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.” Like a flock of holy offerings, the places where God’s Truth had not been known, will be filled with flocks of men who overcome Satan. This is in the Eternity, and only those who overcome will be there, and they know that He is Lord!

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.