The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Mecklenburg trustees reschedule for July 31 to talk contract extension for Thornton

Board chair hails performance, but move draws outside fire

Water authority looks to Banister for backup

In wake of coal ash spill, and with N.C. localities looking to tap the Dan, HCSA eyes alternatives

HIDDEN TREASURE

Geocaching is challenging and fun, and available in Halifax and surrounding area

Sports

Complex hosts tournaments

A total of 17 teams will compete for the Dixie Youth baseball AAA and O-Zone state crowns.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for May 1, 2014

SoVaNow.com / May 01, 2014
Ezek. 37:22 “And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:” Who are those two Kingdoms? Judah, of course is one. The other is the super-power of super-powers, America, and the Christian nations of the world. At that time, there will not be a nation of Israel and a nation of America. The two sticks will be joined, and will occupy the land together.

Ezek. 37:23 “Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols” (Hebrew: dirty gods), “nor with their detestable things” (referring to idolatry and all that goes with it), “nor with any of their transgressions” (rebellions): “but I will save them out of all their dwelling places”, (lawlessness), “wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.” What a wonderful time that will be!

Ezek. 37:24 “And David my servant shall be king” (overseer) “over them; and they all shall have one shepherd” (that’s Christ): “they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them.” It’s one thing to observe them, but they are going to do them. They don’t just talk; they act. The Millennium age is going to be a busy time.

Ezek. 37:25 “And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant” ( the land passed from Abraham to his son, Isaac, and then to his son, Jacob and to all his descendants) “wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.” There is no happier way to live than to have your children around you, and of course, in the Eternity, there will not be any family squabbles; everything will be peaceful, which makes family more enjoyable.

David had his faults, as all the rest in the flesh have, but God loved David very much. He’s going to have a big responsibility in the Millennium, but Christ is going to be the Ruler, and He’s coming back to rule with a rod of iron. That’s necessary, in order to test the children.

Ezek. 37:26 “Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant” (everlasting peace) “with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.”

Ezek. 37:27 “My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” Do you know what God’s tabernacle is? It’s His home. That’s the way it was before Satan fell, and it will be that way again, but without Satan there, in the Eternity.

Ezek. 37:28 “And the heathen” (the nations) “shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.”

In the Hebrew tongue, it reads “by the existence of My sanctuary in their midst, the nations shall know that I do sanctify Israel.” People who do not know God’s Word are missing a lot. It’s a “lamp unto our feet, and a light unto our path” (Psalms 119:105).

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.