The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

SVHEC to create IT Academy

The full panel of the Virginia Tobacco Indemnification & Community Revitalization Commission (TICR) on Thursday approved the SVHEC’s grant application to establish the IT Academy in South Boston.

Brodnax motorist charged in fatal crash

Mecklenburg church break-ins reported

Sports

Comets finish fifth in district cross country

Patrick County swept both ends of the Piedmont District cross country championships at Edmunds Park in South Boston.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Oct. 10, 2013

SoVaNow.com / October 10, 2013
Ezek. 33:4 “Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come,” (this is the rhetoric of Antichrist, the ‘king of Babylon’) “and take him away” (how will Satan take someone away? With his lies and deception - that’s his method of operation) “his blood shall be upon his own head.” All God requires of Christians is to sound the warning. It will not be our fault if people choose not to listen. I am sure there have been many faithful pastors, evangelists and Sunday school teachers who have taught and preached their hearts out to people, but their messages were ignored or rejected. That surely must be disheartening to a man or woman of God who loves the people and wants them to come to a saving knowledge of Christ, only to have the messages rejected. To them I say, “Don’t give up. Keep on keeping on. Only the Holy Spirit can convict people of their sins, and only the shed blood of Jesus Christ can save them. If you are a Christian, you are His messenger - that’s the work you are to do. Continue to be faithful and keep praying, as I am sure you have been and will continue to do. Your reward will be stars for your crown.”

Ezek. 33:5 “He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him, but he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.” Salvation is not multiple-choice. We have a clear choice: it’s either God or Satan. The person to whom you witness, but who does not heed the warning, decides his own fate, and cannot blame you. Neither can they blame God. If you understand anything about God, you know that your soul is so much more important to Him than your flesh body. Flesh is only here for this earth age, but the soul is intended to be eternal. Those who do not want to know what God has written to them are at risk of losing their eternal soul.

Ezek. 33:6 “But if the watchman see the sword come,” (if the watchman knows it’s about to happen) “and blow not the trumpet,” (if he does not warn) “and the people be not warned; if the sword come,” (the deception of Satan, in his role as the king of Babylon) “and take any person from among them” (fool with his lies) “he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand.” God wants all His children to make it to heaven, and He entrusts His faithful servants with the job of bringing them in. If we fail to witness and to warn a lost person of what lies ahead, and that person worships Satan, we are responsible for that soul being lost. However, no Christian can save a soul. Only God can do that, and He does it through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. We are seed-planters; that’s what God requires of us, but He does require that we be faithful in doing that. God prepares the seed bed; we sow the seed, and sometimes we have to water it, but it is God who gives the increase.

Ezek. 33:7 “So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at My mouth, and warn them from Me.” True Israel as a nation, as well as to the house of Judah, will be joined back together. This happens when Christ returns to set up His earthly kingdom for the Millennium. From the time of Ezekiel’s writing to this day, they are two separate ‘sticks’. This Word is from the mouth of God, but too many people listen to the words of men who know little about God’s Word. God picked Ezekiel as a watchman, and as a sign to us.

Ezek. 33:8 “When I say unto the wicked, ‘O wicked man, thou shalt surely die;’ if thou dot not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.” Christians, as a many-membered body of believers, all work as one, giving the warning in whatever way God has laid on us. When a Christian is informed, but fails to give the warning, and the person is lost, the responsibility is laid squarely on the Christian. Surely, no Christian wants that trip!

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.