The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Local job scene brightens

South Boston to consider budget requests

Meadows tapped as VDOT district engineer

Sports

Putts For Paws golf outing on April 25 raises money for new animal shelter

Friday, April 25 will be the perfect dog day afternoon — and morning — when golfers take to the links at Kinderton Country Club in Clarksville for the 11th annual…

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Oct. 4, 2012

SoVaNow.com / October 03, 2012
Ezekiel Chapter 22

Ezekiel was an amazing prophet. He must have been very special to God, also, because God came personally to this earth, altar and all, to teach him what he should say to God’s children. That means all of us, and He is upset to say the least, with those who refuse to obey Him - those who absolutely go against His Word. A meltdown is about to happen for them, and He likens it to the process of refining precious metals. In the spiritual sense, it means that God is going to separate the metal, the valuable part, from the dross, the useless waste, and throw out the dross.

Ezek. 22:1 “Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,” (2) “Now, thou son of man, wilt thou judge, wilt thou judge the bloody city?” (talking about Jerusalem) “Yea, thou shalt shew her all her abominations.” What is Jerusalem’s main abomination? It’s the abomination of the desolator, as spoken by Daniel, the prophet (Dan 9:27), and is speaking of the tribulation time when Satan comes as the Antichrist, and by his presence and his actions there, profanes God’s holy city of Jerusalem. That’s where he sets up his headquarters, when he comes pretending to be the real Christ. He’s the spiritual ‘king of Babylon’ as Nebuchadnezzar was the flesh and blood king of Babylon in his day, and who was a ‘type’ of this ‘king of Babylon’, Satan, in the end time. It’s going to happen, because God said it will happen. God is telling Ezekiel in these two verses: ‘Make it known: warn the old city.’

Ezek. 22: 3 “Then say thou, Thus saith the Lord God, ‘The city sheddeth blood in the midst of it, that her time may come, and maketh idols against herself to defile herself.” Even down to the shed blood of Christ, and to our time as well, there has been ‘blood in the midst of it’. Christ was crucified there.

Ezek. 22:4 “Thou art become guilty in thy blood that thou hast shed; and hast defiled thyself in thine idols which thou hast made; and thou hast caused thy days to draw near”, (your days of doom are coming closer) “and art come even unto thy years: therefore have I made thee a reproach unto the heathen, and a mocking to all countries.” This is saying: ‘They laugh at you and about you’. It is written that in the end times, the leaders will be like little children (Isa. 3:4). It has certainly come to pass. Some even try to remove God’s name from our vocabulary. I would hate to be in their shoes. These things that God tells us will happen are certainly coming to pass. Our Father gives us many warnings. We’re at the door, and we had better be awake, alert and watching Jerusalem. The false Christ will stand there, and he will claim to be Messiah, Jesus.

Ezek. 22:5 “Those that be near, and those that be far from thee, shall mock thee,” (they are going to make fun of you) “which art infamous and much vexed” (full of confusion). There’s confusion everywhere. Why? The word ‘Babylon’ means ‘confusion’, and the ‘king of Babylon’ is there. His method of operation is to confuse people into believing he is the real Messiah, and many will fall for his deception, but he’s a fake. He’s sitting ‘in the holy place’ - that’s the abomination spoken of in verse 2. Satan will call the temple area his own ‘mercy seat’ to sit on, as we will see in the 28th chapter of this great book. He’s claiming to be Jesus—that’s the ultimate abomination! When the disciples asked Jesus what the signs would be of his approaching return, the first thing He told them was: “….Take heed lest any man deceive you: For many shall come in My name, saying ‘I am Christ’; and shall deceive many.” When Satan comes in his role as Antichrist, he will have many ‘ministers’: the fallen angels, that assist him, saying, ‘I’m a Christian minister. Come with me, and I’ll take you to meet Christ, and you can worship him in person”. It’s a trap - the true Christ doesn’t return until after the tribulation, and when He comes, everybody will be changed “in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye” into their new spiritual bodies (I Corin. 15:52). Whoever is alive at that time will be in flesh bodies, whether it occurs in our day or much later. Our God is in control of the time.

Ezek. 22:6 “Behold, the princes of Israel, everyone were in thee to their power to shed blood.” The leaders were there with the power to cause bloodshed on the city.

Ezek. 22: 7 “In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.” This means that they take advantage of everybody. Why are the children fatherless: why are the women widows? They don’t know who their father is. You see, there are 2 ‘fathers’: God and Satan. Which one will you claim as your father? Satan is coming, and he’s going to be very convincing. Will you recognize him for what and for who he really is? It’s very, very important that you do, because to forsake our real Father, God and follow Satan is a one-way ticket to eternal damnation. You don’t want to go there. Wake up! Be alert, stay in God’s Word. He has warned us, and He has shown us what will happen - step-by-step.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.