The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Fuller, White named Homecoming King, Queen

On the Ebola front lines

County native opts to switch duties as Emory RN, bringing him face-to-face with victims of outbreak

Tax deadlines jeopardized by tardy bills

Town of Halifax expects to push back due date for personal property payments; South Boston struggles to stick to schedule

Sports

Coleman Starnes, coaching legend, dies at age 75

Frank Coleman Starnes, the most successful high school varsity football coach in Comet history, passed away Wednesday

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Bible Study by Dena Stevens for Sept. 5, 2013

SoVaNow.com / September 05, 2013
Ezek. 32:8 “All the bright lights” (better translated: ‘all your light-bearers, your teachers of God’s Word) “of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord God.” From 1917 to about 1990, we saw how Russia drew the curtains on religion, closing churches and trying to drive God out of the land, and embraced atheistic communism. That’s a pretty good span of time to test a theology and see if it will work. We know that it is a miserable failure; it failed because they tried to shut God out of the lives of the nation, yet there are some in our country that would put us under that same system. If you think that was a dark time, wait until God Himself draws the curtain on all of mankind that will choose to rely on a rapturing away, which is contrary to the Word of God, and will cause them to accept Satan as Antichrist, believing he is really Jesus. During the tribulation of the antichrist, the only true teaching of the Word of God that will take place is when the two Witnesses preach, and the elect are delivered up as we read in Mark 13:11. Satan’s ministers, the fallen angels, will be so convincing that people won’t want to hear anything different—in fact, they will be trying to get their loved ones into Satan’s camp, worshipping him and the True Messiah. Some will remember what they learned before Satan arrived; perhaps it will be the result of some seed we have planted.

Ezek. 32:9 (This is God speaking:) “I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known.” (10) “Yes, I will make many people amazed at thee, and their kings shall be horribly afraid for thee, when I shall brandish My sword before them; and they shall tremble at every moment, every man for his own life, in the day of thy fall.” The King of Babylon is coming; he’s none other than Satan, himself, that same old ‘t‘ashur’ we’ve been studying about. God is saying, “You can rest assured that My sword, in the form of the King of Babylon is coming: I will send him.” God uses whomever He pleases; even Satan, to carry out His plan for this world. Don’t think you’re going to gather back to Christ before that time comes, either. Unless you die a natural death before that time, you will be here, in the flesh, because it is written throughout God’s Word that the fake Jesus will come first.

Ezek. 32:11 “For thus saith the Lord God; the sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon thee.” Where there’s a positive, there’s a negative. This sword, Satan’s lies, is the negative of the sword in Rev. 1:16, which is the Word of God; His Truth.

Ezek. 32:12 “By the swords of the mighty will I cause thy multitude to fall,” (what swords? The lies, deception used by Satan and his ministers, the fallen angels). “The terrible of the nations, all of them: and they shall spoil the pomp of Egypt, and all the multitude thereof shall be destroyed” (destroyed spiritually). Destroyed by what? Lies, deception, one-worldism.

Ezek. 32:13 “I will destroy also all the beasts thereof from beside the great waters; neither shall the foot of man trouble them any more, nor the hoofs of beasts trouble them.” Our Father is telling us: “I will protect My people who are true to Me.” When God comes with vengeance, He does not harm those who are faithful to Him. His anger is only for those who reject Him.

Ezek. 32:14 “Then will I make their waters deep, and cause their rivers to run like oil, saith the Lord God.” Picture a mountain stream: when it is shallow, it rushes over rocks, creating movement and foam on the water. When it runs into deeper water, it subsides and becomes smooth. That’s what this is saying.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.