The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search

Suspects charged in Lake Gaston murder-arson

Seven suspects indicted by Mecklenburg County grand jury

Mecklenburg snow days won’t be made up after all

Bluestone opens with losses to GW, PE

Visitors from Danville mount rally for 15-12 win

Clover II News for April 14, 2016 / April 14, 2016

Greetings everyone, thanking God for once again keeping us from all harm and danger. Wasn’t that wind something to deal with? It was chilly in some places, but I have to say it was cold where I was. From what I hear, there were some places in the county that saw snow flurries. Thank you father for keeping the big stuff away. Even though we were spared we must remember to pray for our brothers and sisters that are still dealing with snow storms, flooding, tornadoes, and even fires that are burning out of control.

Sending shouts out to Kariel Edmunds, son of Tasheia Foster and grandson of Sandra Puryear for starting his career in softball. Shareika Puryear, his aunt is playing for the Bells.

Congratulations Shareika on the team’s win. Sandra Foster is all smiles these days, because God has blessed her with another grandchild. Her daughter-in-law and her son are the proud parents of a little baby girl. She did arrive a little early, but all reports say she is doing good. Sandra is proud to have another little bite that will be calling her “NaNa” soon. Oh by the way the little angel is named La’Myia Nicole Foster. Please continue to pray for her strength.

Proud mother Kristy Tucker carried her twin girls Ebonee and Myeciah, to a beautiful event that was held at the Washington and Coleman community center. This event was named, Girls and Pearls Soiree. The program made all the girls that attended realize how special they were, and how beautiful they were. They are looking forward to attending next year with other girls from the church and community. Every girl that attended came away with pearls to keep reminding them of the special things that they learned while they were there.

Danielle Crews and her bridesmaids to be, made the trip to Durham this weekend to pick out their dresses. The weather was very windy, but that didn’t stop the fun. After trying on about ten dresses or more they found something that they all agreed on. Sorry can’t tell you what color or how it is made just yet, because the made me say I wouldn’t. They are soooo pretty.

Happy Birthday wishes are being sent to all that celebrated. Praying that God shall bless you and you with many more. Also sending congratulations wishes out to all that celebrated an anniversary. Asking God to grant you both with many more years together.

Worship service at the St. Matthew Baptist Church, was led by Pastor Alfred Chandler. Response reading was 580 “Wisdom”, scripture was Luke 2:29-52. Sermon title was “My Father’s Business.” He presented some questions that we had to ask ourselves. The church was blessed to have visitor’s and we even had a member to reinstate his membership. The senior choir is excited about their anniversary celebration coming up on Saturday April 16. The James Cleveland Gospel Music Workshop Choir, from Richmond will be in concert. All that can please join them for this celebration. There is nothing like a Saturday afternoon of good gospel music, program starts at 3 p.m.. Asking for continuous prayer for the sick and shut in, and also prayer for the bereaved families. May God continue to bless you all until we talk again.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.