The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Two held for assault in stabbing incident

Couple lands in jail after fight

Flooding covers roads, snarls traffic across region

Heavy rainfall in the region has touched off flash flooding and swollen rivers, which in turn has snarled traffic on waterlogged roads from Danville to South Hill.

Sports

Comet teams host region playoff games

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover II News for July 7, 2016

SoVaNow.com / July 06, 2016

As I always do, I give God the Glory for keeping me. Since our last talk together a lot has taken place with yours truly. Would you believe I have broken my FOOT! Yes, my foot. How it happened I have no idea. I had been hopping around on this foot for some time thinking it was something else and after having it x-rayed that was the surprising news I received. The doctor said from the way it looked the foot had been broken for four to three weeks. I was just in shock, and in some ways I am still in shock. I am wearing this big black boot and trying to elevate it when possible. So if you do happen to see me out with mix match shoes on that’s the reason why. Know what, I am still giving God the praise anyhow. So sorry for missing last week deadline for turning in my clover 11 article.

We say Happy Birthday to all that have celebrated a birthday since the last time we talked. Must especially say Happy Belated birthday to Erlene Sydnor. Not forgetting the couples that are praising God for another anniversary. Ferrell and Debra Jennings along with Keith and Audrey Crews have celebrated. Asking God to give them many more happier years together.

Sickness is still very much in the Clover community. We are asking God to send his healing angels to fly over the land and heal his people. As we know there are all kinds of sickness that hold our brothers and sister’s hostage, some mental and some physical. We just say Father heal the land, he is able and we count it as being done. Some of our youth are visiting family members in other states for the summer. We are happy for them to get that exposure over the summer. Some are enjoying the great fun around here, whatever they are doing we are asking God to protect all.

Members from St. Matthew Baptist Church attended the Baptist General Convention in Chesapeake, last week. They attended many classes that will enable them to bring back much need information to the church family. Thanking God for their safe travels.

D. J. Bowman has shipped out, and will be on the ship for six months going to many different places on this beautiful earth.

Will try to get his contact information so that those that will please sent him a few lines to let him know, we appreciate him for doing a great job.

Well time to say talk to you later for now. Getting new a little slower with this foot in this boot, but will do my best. God Bless.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.