The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Halifax prepares budget for vote

$100 mil cost cap for proposed Mecklenburg County school complex is elusive goal

After scaling back building’s scope, construction budget still comes up millions short

Let’s go relay

Sports

Coach of the year

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover II News for May 12, 2016

SoVaNow.com / May 12, 2016

Happy Mother’s Day to all my mothers. I truly hope that your day was a blast for you. One that you will store in your memories for years to come.

We were so blasted to have morning worship at St. Matthews Baptist Church. Worship service started at 11:30 a.m., with the Holy Spirit and Pastor Alfred L. Chandler in charge. The choir was in place uplifting our souls with good gospel music. God was surely in the place. Responsive Reading was the “Ideal Mother.”

Scripture came from John 19:25-28 and the sermon title was “7 ways to love your mother.”

Gifts were given out to all mothers in attendance by the Sunday school and youth department.

Shauntel Wilson, and DeAndra Delaware were home from college to be with their moms on their day. The church was also filled with family members that had come from near and far.

Pastor and Mrs. Chandler, were surprised when their son and his family came from Charlotte, to surprise Mrs. Chandler for Mother’s Day. Walter and Vernell Moss had their family visiting also.

The little ones were clinging to grandpa and grandma, and they were loving every bit of it. George Moss along with his wife Bettie were equally as happy to have their girls here, along with their new great grandson. This little man has captured the hearts of everyone in that family. I only got a peek at him and I must say he is handsome.

The Garrett’s enjoyed the family being around on Sunday.

The Mosley family gathered at the home of their sister Gloria Jean. She and her daughter had prepared a beautiful Mother’s Day meal for all. Food, food and more food was everywhere. I must say I think we all may have over done it.

The family of Amber Marie Sydnor , were not in attendance because all had back up to go see Amber Marie walk across the stage at ODU. Yes, Amber has received the degree that she has been working so hard for. Aunts, Uncles, and certainly sisters cheered as they called her name. The family had planned the weekend, by taking a ride on the Spirit of the Norfolk.

All were so happy and thankful because Papa James was able to join in the celebration. To all other graduates that we may not have their names we are sending you our best wishes.

Sandra Puryear was proud to inform the congregation that she had completed her class at Southside Community College. She is now able to stick you to get your blood. Proud of you Ms. Puryear.

She was also so happy to celebrate her birthday with her grandson Kairl who turned four on May 8 and grandma celebrated hers on May 7. Happy belated birthday to you both.

To all that celebrated we are asking God to bless you with many more, and those that celebrated anniversaries God bless you.

Families that have lost loved ones we are surely keep you in our prayers. Please continue to pray for all the sick and shut in.

Especially remember the family of Brenda Ferrell Snead. Ask God to continue to give them the strength that they need. Thank you to all of my readers for all of your encouraging comments.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.