The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Recycling center fire causes $10,000 in damage

FIGHTING HUNGER

Halifax County food pantries form coalition

It takes a Village ... Post Office

Sports

Lady Dragons take control of net over Blackstone, Nottoway

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for April 14, 2014

SoVaNow.com / April 14, 2014
Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Days of Elijah” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Spirit of the Living God” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcement and hymn of praise was “This Is a Day of New Beginnings.” Offertory hymn was “I Will Glory in the Cross.” Choir anthem was “Why Should He Love Me So?” Rev. Halbert read Ezekiel 37: 1-14 and his message “God, The Giver of Life.” Cathy Halbert told the youth message “The Valley of the Dead Bones.” Rev. Robert Parks, District Superintendent, led the Communion service and hymn was “When He Was on the Cross I Was On His Mind.” Closing hymn was “Breathe On Me Breath of God.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Tim Snead was usher and acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “What A Wonderful Saviour” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Come To the Table” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements. Hymn of praise was “Let It Breathe On Me.” Offertory hymn was “Spirit of the Living God.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Johnny Snead. Choir anthem was “I Must Tell Jesus.” Rev. Halbert read Ezekiel 37: 1-14 and his message “God, the Giver of Life.” Sacraments of Holy Communion were observed and led by Rev. Robert Parks. Communion hymn was “Let Us Break Bread Together.” Closing hymn was “Breathe On Me Breath of God.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Hear Our Prayer O Lord.” Summer Martin was acolyte.

Remember the sick, shut-ins, our troops and Mike Ligon, Thomas Snead, Margaret Ligon, betty Thornburg, Mike Watts, Mike Toombs, Reid Roller, Wayne Newcomb, Mike Chappell, James Glass, David Comer, Dale Compton.

Scottsburg UMW meetings April 14 at 7:00 p.m. at the church; Bible study at Scottsburg UMC April 16 at 7:00 p.m.

Happy Birthday to those celebrating this week.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.