The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

No let-up in recriminations for Mecklenburg County School Board

Trustees argue over call to oust Bullock, Thornton; lawyer intervenes

Clarksville recognizes volunteer effort

Nunn named recipient of Kathleen Walker Lifetime Achievement Award

Clarksville makes list of Top 10 Virginia destinations for Christmas vibe

Sports

Comets easily handle Tunstall 57-39

Face Person Saturday in final tuneup before Classic

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for April 21, 2014

SoVaNow.com / April 21, 2014
Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Tell Me the Story of Jesus” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Breathe On Me Breath of God” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Hymn of Promise.” Offertory hymn was “The Old Rugged Cross.” Special music was a solo “I Should Have Been Crucified” by Lee. Choir anthem was “I Believe In a Hill Called Calvary.” Rev. Halbert read Matthew 27: 15-26 and his message “What If I Had Been Pilate?” Hymn of dedication was “Near To the Heart of God.” Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer and closing hymn was “Lord of the Dance.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Tim Snead was acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Give Me Jesus” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “The King is Coming” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross.” Offertory hymn was “Trusting Jesus.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Jim Smith. Choir anthem was “I Believe in a Hill Called Calvary.” Rev. Halbert read Matthew 27: 15-26 and his message “What If I Had Been Pilate?” Hymn of dedication was “Beneath the Cross of Jesus.” Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer and closing hymn was “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Hear Our Prayer O Lord.” Reese Wooding was acolyte.

Remember the sick, shut-ins and our troops, along with Phyllis Ligon, Juanita Smiley, Mike Ligon, Thomas Snead, James Glass, Michael Chappell, Linda C. Wilmouth, Mike Toombs, Mike Watts, Wayne Newcomb, Reid Roller, David Comer, Dale Compton, Betty Thornburg.

Our sympathy to the family and friends of Bernice Dell Newcomb.

Scottsburg UMW met at the church Monday with Wanda Thornburg “No Wonder They Call Him the Saviour.”

Clover Baptist hosted the community cantata Sunday and it was enjoyed by all.

Clover UMC gospel sing April 27 at 7:00 p.m.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.