The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Fuller, White named Homecoming King, Queen

On the Ebola front lines

County native opts to switch duties as Emory RN, bringing him face-to-face with victims of outbreak

Tax deadlines jeopardized by tardy bills

Town of Halifax expects to push back due date for personal property payments; South Boston struggles to stick to schedule

Sports

Coleman Starnes, coaching legend, dies at age 75

Frank Coleman Starnes, the most successful high school varsity football coach in Comet history, passed away Wednesday

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for Aug. 4, 2014

SoVaNow.com / August 04, 2014

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Take the Name of Jesus With You” played by Allan Anderson. Call to worship was “This is the Day.” Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Seek Ye First.” Offertory hymn was “Where Could I Go But To the Lord.” Special music was a solo “My Lord Will Send a Moses” by Allan. Amy Harris and Jasmine Stephens sung “He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands.” Cathy Halbert told the youth message “God Is With Us During the Good Times and Bad Times.” Rev. Halbert read Romans 8: 28-30, 35-39 and his message “All Things Work for the Good.” Hymn of dedication was “God Will Take Care of You.” Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “I Am Thine O Lord.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Tim Snead was usher and acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Lead Me To Calvary” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “God Is So Good” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and offertory hymn was “All For Jesus.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Johnny Snead. Choir anthem was “Footsteps of Jesus.” Hymns same as above. Scripture Romans *; 28-30, 35-39 and his message “God Is With Us on The Mountaintop and in the Valley.” Benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Megan Martin was acolyte.

Remember the sick and shut-ins, our troops, and Mike Ligon, Tim Thornburg, Thomas Snead, Juanita Smiley, Wayne Newcomb, Cathy Norris, Betty Thornburg, Jessica Terry, Meghan Weatherford, J.B. Kerns, Reid Roller, Doug Estes.

Our sympathy to the family and friends of Horace Vernon Murray, Cathy Murray and Doris Jones.

Chris Sowers, Sierra Womack, Michael Sowers, Jaime Sims, D.J. Allen, Brian Perkins, Melvin Wiles, Nathan Lancaster, Exandi Lancer and Makenzie recently had lunch at Ham’s, Danville.

Kevin and Michael Sowers, Jaime Sims visited Michelle Womack and family and Faye Edmondson last week.

Jason and Chandler Toombs had breakfast at Huddle House Saturday.

Happy Birthday to those celebrating this week.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.