The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

New truck arrives to boost trash Halifax County collections

Public Works scrambles to deal with loss of vehicles in Aug. 2 fire;

VIR winner to take home a prize fashioned in Halifax County

As Virginia International Raceway prepares to welcome the Grand Prix/TUDOR United SportsCar Championship series this weekend, the Southern Virginia Higher Education Center has been busy with a related project —…

Local lineup set for November election

Sports

Comets find positives in scrimmage

It would be a mistake to read too much into preseason efforts

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for Feb. 11, 2013

SoVaNow.com / February 11, 2013
Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Worthy is The Lamb” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “I Will Serve Thee” by the choir. Rev. Marsha Davis had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer and led the preparation for worship. Hymn of praise was “We’ll Understand It Better By and By.” Offertory hymn was “Jesus Paid It All.” Ushers were Tim and Eric Snead. Choir anthem was “There Is Power in the Blood.” rev. Davis led the prayer of illumination and read I Corinthians 13: 1-13 and her message “Extreme Love.” Rev. Davis led confession and had praises, concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Sacrament of Holy Communion were observed and Lee Snead assisted. Closing hymn was “Lord of the Dance.” Rev. Davis had dismissal blessing and the benediction was “Bond of Love.” Tim Snead was acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with prelude “Abide With Me” by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Yes Lord Yes” by the choir. Rev. Davis had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer and led the preparation for worship. Hymn of praise was “Saviour Like a Shepherd Lead Us.” Offertory hymn was “He Hideth My Soul.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and David Conner. Choir anthem was “The Old Rugged Cross.” Rev. Davis led prayer of illumination and read I Corinthians 13: 1-13 and her message “Extreme Love.” Rev. Davis led confession and had praises, concerns, prayer and led Lord’s prayer. Sacraments of Holy Communion were observed and Megan Martin assisted and the hymn was “Must Jesus Bear the Cross Alone.” Closing hymn was “Nothing But the Blood.” Rev. Davis had dismissal blessing and the benediction was “Blest Be the Tie That Binds.” Summer Martin was acolyte.

Remember the sick and shut-ins and our troops.

Our heartfelt sympathy to the family and friends of Hallie “Annie” Fleming Welcher, Helen Rhodenhizer Whitlow Cliborne, Audrey Moorefield Culley, Shirley Marshall, Willie Wayne King, Sr., Carrol J. Hunt.

Visiting in the home of Hugh Edmondson were Sandra Waller, Iris Redd, Ethel Everhart, Michelle Womack, Mac Edmondson, Donna Bunn, Jane Baynes.

Angie Privette visited Vic and Debbie Crews, Timmy, Debbie and Makayla Vassar. Willie Privette visited Jill Dalton and Rosa Barksdale.

Michelle and Sierra Womack visited Faye Edmondson and Jason Toombs Sunday.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Concert with the Satterfields and Promise Land at McCanless Memorial Church February 22 at 7:00 p.m.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.