The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Lawsuit to void Thornton contract tossed

Citizen plaintiffs lack standing to challenge Mecklenburg County School Board, judge rules

Mecklenburg County awaits $1.15 million for Microsoft access road

La Crosse’s Hines is 2014 Mecklenburg County Teacher of Year

Sports

Comets ready for Holiday Classic

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for Feb. 18, 2013

SoVaNow.com / February 18, 2013
Worship at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “How Great Is Our God” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus” by the choir. Rev. Marsha Davis had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer and led the preparation for worship. Special music was “Knowing You Will Be There” by Lee. Hymn of praise was “Take Time to Be Holy.” Offertory hymn was “In Christ Alone.” Ushers were Tim and John Snead. Rev. Davis led the prayer of illumination and read Luke 9: 28-36 and her message “The Ultimate Mountaintop Experience.” Rev. Davis led confession and had praises, concerns, prayer and Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “I Love to Tell the Story.” Rev. Davis had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Bond of Love.” Tim Snead was acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “The Longer I Serve Him” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Just a Closer Walk with Thee” by the choir. Rev. Davis had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer and led the preparation for worship. Hymn of praise was “Tell Me the Stories of Jesus.” Offertory hymn was “Jesus Is Lord of All.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and David Conner. Choir anthem was “O Jesus I Have Promised.” Rev. Davis led the prayer of illumination and read Luke 9: 28-36 and her message “The Ultimate Mountaintop Experience.” Rev. Davis had confession, praises, concerns, prayer and Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “O How I Love Jesus.” Rev. Davis had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Blest Be the Tie That Binds.” Summer and Megan Martin were acolytes.

Remember the sick and shut-ins and our troops, along with Tommy Francis, Betty M. Womack, Raleigh Wilkerson, Ruby Williams, Hugh Edmondson, Wayne Newcomb, Zack Cole, Mabel Hall, Keith Fisher, Josh Davis, Thomas Snead, Pauline Crews, Owen Francis, Nannie Hazelwood, Aubrey Duffer, Bernice Wade, Joe Watts.

Our heartfelt sympathy to the family and friends of Joan Wilborne Tuck.

Visiting in the home of Hugh Edmondson were Sandra Waller, Ethel Everhart, Michelle Womack, Mac and Ann Edmondson, Donna Bunn, Maggie and Jimmy Edmondson, Iris Redd and great-grandson Dalton Horton of Inman, SC, Mary and Cecil Tharpe.

Faye Edmondson visited Tanya, Zack and Chase Cole Friday.

Michelle and Sierra Womack visited Faye Edmondson and Jason and Chandler Toombs Sunday.

Juanita Smiley, Janice Snead, Marion Wilkerson, Don and Betty Wilkerson attended Grace Wilkerson’s birthday celebration in Clarksville Saturday.

Clover UMC hosted a spaghetti supper Sunday and Ash Wednesday service.

Scottsburg UMW met at the church Monday with Wanda Thornburg in charge.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.