The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Four injured in two-vehicle crash

Chase City Council voices opposition to Thornton’s contract

The vote was four in favor, and none opposed. Council members Marshall Whitaker and Vice-Mayor Lisa Gillispie were absent from the meeting.

One killed in fatal crash

A Boydton woman was killed Friday after her car collided with a truck at the intersection of US 58 and route 92 in Boydton.

Sports

South Boston in O-Zone title game

The local all-stars stayed in contention with a 10-5 win over Madison Heights on Monday.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for Jan. 13, 2014

SoVaNow.com / January 13, 2014

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Shine Jesus Shine” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Blessed Be the Name” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements. Hymn of praise was “He Leadeth Me O Blessed Thought.” Offertory hymn was “God of the Ages.” Special music was solo by Lee “By His Wounds We Are Healed.” Choir anthem was “All Hail the Power of Jesus Name.” Rev. Halbert read Micah 6: 6-8 and his message “A New Year’s Resolution.” Sacrament of Holy Communion was observed by District Superintendent Red. Robert Parks and Rev. Halbert. Hymn of dedication was “Nothing But the Blood.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Bond of Love.” Tim Snead was acolyte and usher.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “All the Way My Saviour Leads Me” by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Fill My Cup Lord” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome and announcements. Hymn of praise was “Saviour Like a Shepherd Lead Us.” Offertory hymn was “Nearer My God to Thee.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and David Conner. Choir anthem was “Let There Be Peace on Earth.” Rev. Halbert read Micah 6: 6-8 and his message “A New Year’s Resolution.” Sacrament of Holy Communion by Rev. Robert Parks and Rev. Halbert. Communion hymn “Let Us Break Bread Together.” Closing hymn “Precious Lord Take My Hand.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal and blessing and benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Wanda Snead was acolyte.

Remember the sick and shut-ins, troops and Anthony Glass, Bobby Roller, Hazel Tuck, Phyllis Ligon, Mike Ligon, Raleigh Wilkerson, David Comer, Dale Compton, Reid Roller, Zack Cole, Annie Womack and Ann Womack in your prayers.

Faye Edmondson visited Hazel Tuck in the hospital Monday.

Willie and Angie Privette enjoyed eating at MiCaretta’s Sunday and visited Willie and Zelma Howerton, Alberta Wilborn, Pearl Johnson and Paul Burns.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Willie Privette visited Ralph and Ann Correll.

Juanita Smiley visited Bobby Roller in the hospital.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.