The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Four injured in two-vehicle crash

Chase City Council voices opposition to Thornton’s contract

The vote was four in favor, and none opposed. Council members Marshall Whitaker and Vice-Mayor Lisa Gillispie were absent from the meeting.

One killed in fatal crash

A Boydton woman was killed Friday after her car collided with a truck at the intersection of US 58 and route 92 in Boydton.

Sports

South Boston in O-Zone title game

The local all-stars stayed in contention with a 10-5 win over Madison Heights on Monday.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for July 10, 2014

SoVaNow.com / July 10, 2014

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “His Name Is Wonderful” played by Allan Anderson. Call to worship was “O How I Love Jesus” by the choir. Pastor Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks, announcements and hymn of praise was “Rock of Ages.” Offertory hymn was “My Jesus I Love Thee.” Ushers were Tim and Eric Snead. Special music was a solo by Allan. Amy Harris and Jasmine Stephens sang “Jesus Loves Me” and “This Little Light of Mine.” Choir anthem was “Victory in Jesus.” Pastor Halbert read Genesis 22: 1-14 and his message “What Has God Asked Of You?” Hymn of dedication was “Trust and Obey.” Pastor Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “Amazing Grace.” Pastor Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Tim Snead was acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Lead Me to Calvary” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “America” by the choir. Pastor Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Rock of Ages.” Offertory hymn was “Holy Spirit Thou Art Welcome.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Johnny Snead. Choir anthem was “America the Beautiful.” Pastor Halbert read Genesis 22: 1-14 and his message “What Has God Asked of You?” Hymn of dedication was “Trust and Obey.” Pastor Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “Amazing Grace.” Pastor Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Hear Our Prayer O Lord.” Summer, Megan and Abby Martin were acolytes.

Remember the sick and shut-ins, our troops and Tim Thornburg, Mike Ligon, Rob Woodfin, Thomas Snead, Jessica Terry, Meghan Weatherford, Reid Roller, J.B. Kerns, Ralph Nichols, Wayne Newcomb, David Comer, Dale Compton, Cindi Collins, Edd Edmondson, Holly Ruthledge, Curtis Duffey.

Our sympathy to the family and friends of Eddie Collins, J’Marion Barley.

Faye Edmondson, Chandler Toombs, Sierra and Curt Womack and Christ Sowers spent Thursday at Staunton River State Park Pool.

Kevin, Millie and Chris Sowers of Danville and Sierra Womack celebrated July 4 at Applebee’s.

Faye Edmondson visited Michelle Womack and family Saturday.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.