The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

South Boston police reports arrests

No injuries in crash

Two dead as plane goes down at Virginia International Raceway; victims identified (UPDATE)

Virginia State Police have confirmed the identities of two persons who died Friday in a plane crash at Virginia International Raceway in Alton. The dead are Jon Couch, 46, the…

Sports

Comet volleyball girls sweep Patrick County

Comet jayvees also defeat PC in three sets

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for July 14, 2014

SoVaNow.com / July 14, 2014

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Spirit of the Living God” played by Allan Anderson. Call to worship was “Seek Ye First” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “To God be the Glory.” Offertory hymn was “My Tribute.” Choir anthem was “America My Country Tis of Thee.” Youth song “He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands.” Kathy Halbert told the youth story on “Tug of War.” Rev. Halbert read Romans 7: 15-25 and his message “The War Within.” Sacraments of Holy Communion were observed and Sue Snead assisted. Communion hymn was “There Is A Foundation.” Closing hymn was “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “The Bond of Love.” Tim Snead was acolyte and usher.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Worthy of Worship” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “This Is the Day” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks, announcements and hymns same as above. Offertory hymn was “I Worship You Almighty God.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Johnny Snead. Choir anthem was “Wherever He Leads I’ll Go.” Rev. Halbert read Romans 7: 15-25 and his message “The War Within.” Sacraments of Holy Communion were observed and Eva Lacks assisted. Hymn was “Come To the Table.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Reese Wooding was acolyte.

Remember the sick and shut-ins, our troops, and Tim Thornburg, Mike Ligon, Betty Thornburg, Thomas Snead, Cindy Collins, Jessica Terry, Meghan Weatherford, J.B. Kerns, Reid Roller, Wayne Newcomb, Edd Edmondson, David Comer and Dale Compton.

Our sympathy to the family and friends of Shorty Perkins, Robert Martin.

Kevin, Millie and Christopher Sowers and Sierra Womack enjoyed shopping at Walmart in Danville and ate at Ham’s Sunday.

Michelle, Christopher, Sierra and Curt Womack, Kevin and Chris Sowers, Amy Harris and Jasmine Stephens visited Faye Edmondson Sunday.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.