The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Mecklenburg trustees reschedule for July 31 to talk contract extension for Thornton

Board chair hails performance, but move draws outside fire

Water authority looks to Banister for backup

In wake of coal ash spill, and with N.C. localities looking to tap the Dan, HCSA eyes alternatives

HIDDEN TREASURE

Geocaching is challenging and fun, and available in Halifax and surrounding area

Sports

Complex hosts tournaments

A total of 17 teams will compete for the Dixie Youth baseball AAA and O-Zone state crowns.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for July 15, 2013

SoVaNow.com / July 15, 2013
Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Speak To My Heart” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “I Will Serve Thee” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer. Hymn of praise was “I Love to Tell the Story.” Offertory hymn was “Days of Elijah.” Ushers were Tim and Eric Snead. Choir anthem was “Fairest Lord Jesus.” Hymn of dedication was “Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah.” Rev. Halbert read II Kings 5: 1-14 and his message “Lifestyle Evangelism.” Sacrament of Holy Communion was observed and conducted by Rev. Bob Woodfin. Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Blest Be the Tie That Binds.” Tim Snead was acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Until Then” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Surely the Presence of the Lord” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and prayer. Hymn of praise was “Spirit of the Living God.” Offertory hymn was “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and David Conner. Rev. Halbert read II Kings 5: 1-14 and his message “Lifestyle Evangelism.” Choir anthem was “America the Beautiful.” Sacrament of Holy Communion was observed with Rev. Bob Woodfin. Hymn was “Break Thou the Bread of Life.” Hymn of dedication was “Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Blest Be the Tie That Binds.” Wanda Snead was the acolyte.

Patricia Noblin, Pauline Crews and Hazel Conner went to Lawrenceville on July 4 and visited with Jackie Browden and Sherry, Greg, Tiffany and Tyler Stolzenthaler visited with Patricia and Pauline on Saturday. Recent visitors Ronnie Noblin, Wayne Noblin, Tyler Stolzenthaler, Hazel Conner, Mattie and Lisa Throckmorton, Jim Smith, Charlie Snead, Ann McBride.

Visiting Hugh Edmondson were W.T. and Dee Powell, Michelle and Sierra Womack, Presley Smith, Lita Toombs.

Remember the sick and shut-ins, including Hugh Edmondson, Mike and Laura Ligon, Nelson Wilson, Thomas Snead, Raleigh Wilkerson, Wayne Newcomb, Judy Lacks, Zack Cole, Roach family, Kathryn Satterfield, Jennifer Forlines, Tony Anderson.

James and Lucille Comer and family hosted a pig picking and birthday celebration for Stuart Comer Saturday. All enjoyed the afternoon.

Willie and Angie Privette visited Mabel Hall, Donna Layne, Lisa, Jim, Brittney, Courtney and Trevor Vaughan in Lynchburg last week. W.R. and Jacob visited Sunday. Willie visited Dorothy Conner during the week. Willie and Angie enjoyed lunch at MiCaretta Monday.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.