The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

South Boston Police catch up with suspect

Miss Virginia shines at Miss America Pageant

Courtney Garrett, whose grandfather lives in Halifax County, is first runner-up

Spirits of the past

In the 1920s and 1930s, if you lived in Franklin County, most likely you were in involved in the county’s biggest industry — making illegal whiskey or moonshine.

Sports

12 runners, 208 miles, 36 hours, no sleep

Recently, a group of twelve local runners took on the challenge of participating in the Blue Ridge Relay. A grueling, two hundred plus mile relay spanning two days, mountainous terrain,…

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for July 18, 2013

SoVaNow.com / July 18, 2013
Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “The Summons” played by Lee Snead. The call to worship was “We Have Come to Join in Worship” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks, announcements and prayer.

The hymn of praise was “Hymn of Promise.” The offertory hymn was “If That Isn’t Love.” The usher was Tim Snead. Special music was “Remind Me, Dear Lord” solo by Lee Snead. The choir anthem was “Till the Storm Passes by.” Rev. Halbert read Luke 10: 25-37 and his message on “Legalistic vs Heart Directed Service.” The hymn of dedication was “God Will Take Care of You.”

Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s Prayer. The closing hymn was “Jesus Is All the World to Me.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and the benediction was “Blest Be The Tie That Binds.” Tim Snead was acolyte.

Worship service at Clover MUC opened with the prelude, “His Name is Wonderful” played by Joyce Edmondson. The call to worship was “There’s Something About That Name” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks, announcement and prayers. The hymn of praise was “It Is Well With My Soul.” The offertory hymn was “Be Still My Soul.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and David Conner. The choir anthem was “Lead Me To Calvary.” The hymn of dedication was “Victory In Jesus.” Rev. Halbert read Luke 10:25-37 and his message was on Legalistic vs. Heart Directed Service.” He had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s Prayer. The closing hymn was “Take My Life and Let It Be.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and the benediction was “God Be With You.” Wanda Snead was the acolyte.

Remember the sick and shut-ins and our troops. Hugh Edmondson, Nelson Wilson, Thomas Snead, Raleigh Wilkerson, Mike and Laura Ligon, Wayne Newcomb, Tony Anderson, Daisy Glass, Dorothy Conner, Judy Lacks, Jennifer Forlines, Kathryn Satterfield, Zack Cole, Bernice Barley, Sierra Womack, Curt Womack, David Allen Comer, Dale Compton.

Our sympathy goes to the families and friends of Jean Powell and Christine Cook Witt.

Visiting in the home of Hugh Edmondson were W. R. and Dee Powell, Michelle and Sierra Womack, Jason and Chandler Toombs, Maggie and Jimmy Edmondson, Jennifer Powell and Charles Snead.

Steve and Aaron Noblin visited with Jason and Chandler Toombs on Saturday afternoon.

Happy birthday wishes go out to Missy Snead, Mike Toombs, Samantha Toombs, Wanda Snead, Frank Williams, Jimmy Lacks, Jr. and Doll Newcomb.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.