The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Nathalie teenager killed in Saturday wreck

SUV operated by 18-year-old runs off Route 40, strikes ditch

Swim team parents seek new pool – but wonder if YMCA is place for it

A group of swim team parents who say they have backing to build a new aquatic center in South Boston first want to shore up the local YMCA — starting…

Sparkling day for a festival

Crowd estimated at 10,000 turns out on a fine fall day

Sports

Chargers light up Bluestone, 55-14

Bluestone falls to 1-4 after playing through toughest part of schedule

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for July 28, 2014

SoVaNow.com / July 28, 2014

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Come Holy Spirit” played by Allan Anderson. Call to worship was “Holy Spirit, Thou Art Welcome” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks, announcements and hymn of praise was “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.” Offertory hymn was “Trusting Jesus.” Special music was a solo “God on the Mountain” by Allan. Choir anthem was “Higher Ground.” Amy Harris and Jasmine Stephens sun “Jesus Loves Me.” Kathy Halbert told the youth message on “God Knows What Is On Our Mind and Hearts.” Rev. Halbert read Psalm 139: 1-12 and his message on “Examine Me O God and Know My Mind.” Hymn of dedication was “The Church’s One Foundation.” Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “Nearer My God To Thee.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and the benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Tim Snead was the usher and acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Come Holy Spirit” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “The Family of God” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and announcement, offertory hymn was “Trusting Jesus.” Hymns were same as above. Clover Quintet sung “God on the Mountain.” Choir anthem was “He Hideth My Soul.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Johnny Snead. Rev. Halbert read Psalm 139: 1-12 and his message “Examine Us O God and Know My Mind.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Wanda Snead was acolyte.

Remember the sick, shut-ins and our troops, also Mike Ligon, Tim Thornburg, Thomas Snead, Wanda Thornburg, Bonnie Comer, Betty Thornburg, Jessica Terry, Meghan Weatherford, J.B. Kerns, Reid Roller, Wayne Newcomb, David Comer, Dale Compton, Kenny Wayne Rice.

Sympathy to the family and friends of Ruth Carrington Owen Devin and Herman Roller.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Kevin, Millie, Michael and Ashley Sowers and Sierra Womack enjoyed dinner at Ham’s Restaurant and celebrate Michael’s birthday Sunday.

Jason and Chandler Toombs and Faye Edmondson enjoyed breakfast at Bojangles Saturday.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.