The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

10 years added to burglary sentence

Leonard to depart as Halifax IDA director

Matt Leonard, executive director of the Halifax County Industrial Development Authority, will be departing the position Nov. 1 in a decision that the IDA describes as “mutually agreed” upon.

Halifax County dodges a bullet with Florence

Riverdale floods, but it could have been much worse

Sports

Comets squander the win

After blowing sizeable leads, Comets fall to Tunstall 43-29 in district opener

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for June 27, 2016

SoVaNow.com / June 27, 2016

(For the week June 19-25)

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “O How I Love Jesus” played by Allan Anderson. Call to worship was “This Is My Father’s World” by the choir. Faye Edmondson had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Great Is Thy Faithfulness.” Offertory hymn was “There’s Something About That Name” and the choir anthem was “Faith of Our Fathers.” Rev. Jeff Clements read Luke 10: 25-37 and his message “Who Is My Neighbor?” Hymn of response was “Rock of Ages.” Rev. Clemens had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “God Will Take Care of You.” Rev. Clemens had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Bond of Love.” Tim Snead was usher and acolyte.

Worship at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “This Is My Father’s World” played by Joyce Edmondson and Allan Anderson. Call to worship was “All The Glory Belongs to Jesus” by the choir. Rev. Jeff Clemens had welcome remarks and announcements, hymn of praise “God of Grace and God of Glory.” Offertory hymn was “More Love to Thee” and ushers were Edd Edmondson and Jim Smith. Special music was “Precious Memories.” Choir anthem was “Faith of Our Father’s.” Special music by the quartet was “Precious Memories.” Choir anthem was “Faith of Our Fathers” and Rev. Jeff Clemens read Luke 10: 25-37 and his message “Who Is My Neighbor?” Hymn of response was “More Love To Thee O Christ” and Rev. Clemens had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “Pass Me Not O Gentle Saviour.” Rev. Clemens had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Learning to Lean.” Betty Fifer was acolyte.

Remember our sick and shut-ins in prayer: Mike Ligon, Rob Woodfin, Phyllis Ligon, Tim Thornburg, Wanda Thornburg, Meria Harris, Frances Wilson, Nelson Wilson, Thomas Snead, Reid Roller, Caroline Laughorn, Mattie Jackson, Wayne Newcomb, Helen Watts, Loretta Thorpe, Ann Womack, Frances Womack, Teresa Farley, Michelle Womack, Bonnie Comer, Ann Jones, Lauren Spangler, Roy Lowery, Hazel Tuck, Joyce Lowery, David Comer, Judy Rice, Porsha Womack, Kenny Wayne Rice, Tommy Francis, Kenneth Richardson, Forrest Davis, Frances Satterfield.

Sympathy to the family and friends of Hattie Cassada Holt.

Faye Edmondson and Charles Ferguson hosted a birthday dinner for Hubcap Comer on Friday and everyone enjoyed the food and fellowship.

Travis Ferguson hosted a birthday cookout for Ashley Saturday and everyone enjoyed the food and fellowship. Travis and Ashley hosted a cookout Sunday for Father’s Day.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.