The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Muzzled Mecklenburg trustees walk away

Sturdifen, Edwards protest School Board’s decision to drop board member comments

Parents sue to nix Thornton contract

Nine seek redress from circuit judge

Man enters plea in theft from family relief fund

Sports

Burton to fill in for Stewart again this weekend

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for June 2, 2014

SoVaNow.com / June 02, 2014

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “The Summons” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Surely the Presence of the Lord” by the choir. Faye Edmondson had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Breathe On Me Breath of God.” Offertory hymn was “Together We Serve.” Special music was a solo “If We Never Meet Again” by Lee. Youth Amy and Jasmine Stephens sung “This Little Light of Mine.” Choir anthem was “Spirit Song.” Faye read John 14: 15-21 and her message “The Promise of the Holy Spirit.” Hymn of dedication was “Spirit of the Living God.” Faye had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “O How I Love Jesus.” Faye had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Bond of Love.” Tim Snead was usher and acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “America the Beautiful” by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “When We Pray” by the choir. Hymn of praise was “Standing on the Promises” and offertory hymn was “America.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Pedro Moorefield. Choir anthem was “In Times Like These.” Eva Lacks message “Building Materials Upon We Stand.” Hymn of dedication was “O How I Love Jesus” and closing hymn was “Victory in Jesus.” Eva had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Bond of Love.” Megan Martin was acolyte.

Remember the sick and shut-ins, our troops and Mike Ligon, Thomas Snead, Wayne Newcomb, Jessica Terry, Megan Weatherford, Reid Roller, Rob Woodfin, Betty Thornburg, Hazel Tuck, David Comer, Dale Compton, Kenny Wayne Rice in your prayers.

Our sympathy to the family and friends of A.E. Morris, Leslie D. Headrick, Rev. Harold Parks Smith, Jeffrey Virgil Matthews, the Cole family, Chappell family and Landrum family.

Scottsburg UMC hosted a luncheon Sunday for Lee Snead, who will be leaving to serve a summer internship in Indiana.

Community wide VBS June 13-14 at Living Waters Church of God.

Michelle and Sierra Womack, Chris Sowers, Faye Edmondson and Amy and Jasmine Stephens enjoyed the Summerfest at Virgilina.

Jacob and W.R. Privette and Christine McKinney visited Willie and Angie Privette Sunday.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.