The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

South Boston town offices to close for Thanksgiving

Halifax County tax deadline Dec. 5

A life of accomplishment

Accomplished artist, champion athlete, acclaimed tobacco auctioneer, interpreter and defender of the countryside — all describe Robert F. “Bob” Cage, who died Wednesday 19 in Raleigh, N.C. where he had…

Sports

Comets to build on last season’s success

Larry Epperly took an unselfish Comet boys basketball team to the Region 5-A North semifinals last season, after a 20-win season. The Comets ran into a reality check, losing by…

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for June 3, 2013

SoVaNow.com / June 03, 2013
Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude "We Are Marching" played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was "Come Thou Almighty King" by the choir. Rev. Marsha Davis had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer and led the preparation for worship. Hymn of praise was "This Is My Father's World." Offertory hymn was "You Are Mine." Tim Snead was acolyte. Choir anthem was "Blessed Assurance." Rev. Davis led the prayer of illumination and read Romans 5: 1-5 and her message "What the Trinity Does" and led confession, joys and concerns and led the Lord's prayer. Closing hymn was "Standing on the Promises." Rev. Davis had dismissal blessing and benediction was "Bond of Love."

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude "Since Jesus Came Into My Life" played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was "What Can I Give Him?" by the choir. Rev. Davis had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer and led the preparation for worship and call to worship. Hymn of prayer "Open My Eyes That I May See." Offertory hymn was "Trusting Jesus." Ushers were Edd Edmondson and David Conner. Choir anthem was "Til the Storm Passes By." Rev. Davis led the prayer of illumination and read Romans 5: 1-5 and her message on "What the Trinity Does." She led confession and had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord's prayer. Closing hymn was "Blest Be the Tie That Binds." Rev. Davis had dismissal blessing and the benediction was "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus." Abby and Mattie Martin were acolytes.

Remember the sick and shut-ins, including Mike Ligon, Hugh Edmondson, Christopher Womack, Thomas Snead, Nelson Wilson, Curt Womack, Jennifer Forlines, Kathryn Satterfield, Judy Lacks, Wash Glover, Joe Watts, Keith Fisher, Raleigh Wilkerson.

Our sincere sympathy to the family and friends of Owen Francis.

Visiting in the home of Hugh Edmondson were Michelle Womack, W.T. Powell, Juanita Smiley, Angie Privette, Jason and Chandler Toombs.

Faye Edmondson, Michelle Womack, Angie Privette, Garry, Kim and Alex Comer attended Virgilina Summerfest and enjoyed lunch at the fire department.

Willie and Angie Privette attended Katlynn Harris' graduation on Tuesday and later visited Rosa Barksdale, Jill Dalton, Margaret Satterfield and Elaine Cullop.

Juanita Smiley visited James and Jeanette Wilborn, Raleigh and Christine Wilkerson, Hugh and Faye Edmondson.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week. Have a happy and safe week.

Donna Bunn attended the graduation celebration for Allison Claiborne at Emmanuel Bible Church, Keysville, Sunday.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.