The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Ramping up for solar jobs

SVCC starts worker training program in anticipation of big demand for installer positions

Mecklenburg trustees take look at shorter school day

Proposal calls for shaving minutes off daily schedule

Brewery makes plans to move to lakefront

Clarksville’s hometown craft brewery is moving to a lakeside location, with a planned opening in summer 2019.

Sports

Post 8 scrappy, with solid offense, pitching

Defensive miscues prove costly, but team able to get over shortcomings

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for June 6, 2016

SoVaNow.com / June 06, 2016

(For the week May 29-June 4)

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Up Calvary’s Mountain” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Glory Be To The Father” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Through It All.” Offertory hymn was “Days of Elijah” and special music was a solo “Beaulah Land” by Lee. Choir anthem was “America the Beautiful” and Rev. Halbert read I King 18: 20-34 and his message was “Praying Within God’s Will.” Hymn of response was “Previous Lord, Take My Hand” and Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “I Need Thee Every Hour.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Precious Name.” Tim Snead was usher and acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Jesus, Lover of My Soul” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “This Is the Day” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Precious Lord, Take My Hand.” Offertory hymn was “Be Still My Soul.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Jim Smith and choir anthem was “Little Is Much When God Is In It.” Rev. Halbert read I King 18: 20-34 and his message was “Praying Within God’s Will.” Hymn of response was “Spirit of the Living God” and Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “A Charge to Keep I Have.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus.” Betty Fifer and Josh Bonker were acolytes.

Remember our sick and shut-ins, our troops and Mike Ligon, Rob Woodfin, Meria Harris, Tim Thornburg, Wanda Thornburg, Frances Wilson, Nelson Wilson, Thomas Snead, Wayne Newcomb, Betty Anderson, Nelson Crews, Helen Watts, Loretta Tharpe, Reid Roller, Ann Womack, Frances Womack, Caroline Laughorn, Mattie Jackson, Hazel Tuck, Roy Lowery, Joyce Lowery, David Comer, Judy Rice, Porsha Womack, Michelle Womack, Ann Jones, Kenny Wayne Rice, Dale Compton, Tommy Francis, Kenneth Richardson.

Sympathy to the family and friends of Nicole Elizabeth Pope, Tina Carol Snow Langford, Howard Ellen Dix, Bonnie Marie Hill Wilkins, Joan Marable Johnson.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.