The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Beadles indicted in slaying

Man accused of threatening to set female victim on fire

Halifax Town Council reviews parking issues downtown with courthouse work

Sports

Abbott ready for second year at U.Va.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for March 12, 2009

SoVaNow.com / March 15, 2009
(For the week March 8-14)

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Breathe On Me Breath of God” by the choir. Pastor Bonnie Pizzeck had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer and led the responsive reading from Psalm 22: 25-31. Hymn of praise was “Be Thou My Vision.” Pastor Bonnie read Genesis 17: 1-17. Special music was “Lord I Lift Your Name On High” and “Take My Life” by Lee Snead on keyboard. Pastor Bonnie had joys and concerns, pastoral prayer and the Lord’s prayer. Call to prayer was “Spirit of the Living God” by the choir. Offertory hymn was “His Eye is on the Sparrow.” Ushers were Tim and Eric Snead. Choir anthem was “Footsteps of Jesus.” Hymn of preparation was “Through It All” followed by the Apostles Creed. Scripture reading was Colossian 3: 12-14 and Pastor Bonnie message on “Three Simple Rules.” Hymn of celebration was “Where He Leads Me.” Pastor Bonnie had closing prayer. Benediction was “Bond of Love.” Eric Snead was acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “He Lifted Me” played by Mary Tharpe. Call to worship was “My Tribute” by the choir. Pastor Bonnie Pizzeck had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer and led the responsive reading from Psalm 22: 25-31. Hymn of praise was “Be Thou My Vision.” Pastor Bonnie read Genesis 17: 1-7. Special music was a solo “Trust and Obey” by Gary Watts. Pastor Bonnie had joys and concerns, pastoral prayer and the Lord’s prayer. Call to prayer was “How Great Thou Art” by the choir. Offertory hymn was “I’d Rather Have Jesus.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Frank Williams. Special music by the choir was “Standing on the Promises.” Hymn of preparation was “Though It All” followed by the Apostles Creed. Scripture reading was Colossians 3: 12-14 and Pastor Bonnie’s message “Three Simple Rules.” Hymn of celebration was “Where He Leads Me.” Benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Makayla Vassar was acolyte.

Prayer list: Maurine Ligon, Hugh and T.T. Edmondson, Kelly McKinney, Owen Francis, Madeline Moorefield, Thomas Snead, Laura Ligon, Butch Moorefield, Jeanette Ligon, Earl Bailey, David Nicol, Henry Smith, Lois Lewis, Carter Martin, Jane Buchanan, Ruth Moorefield, Nellie Ford, Catherine Heath, Mildred Seay, Lillian Snead, Dick and Hilda Watts, Frances Bragg, Bill Scott, Dorothy Conner, Frances Woltz, Mary and Cecil Tharpe, Nancy Adams, Sharon Bailey, Harvey and Florine Bomar, Angie Pizzeck Brooks, Lewis Chappell, Katherine Culley, Erin Pizzeck Dang, Eva Guill, Daisy Glass, Nell Guthrie, Jerry Kean, Sally Landrum, Ethan Lloyd, Wayne Newcomb, Inez Owen, Louise Weston, Michelle Womack, Mary Conner, Bonnie Comer, Patricia Franklin, Donna Lowery, Jerry Messick, Pete Newton, Sam Comer, Farris Hudson, Nancy Nichols, Owen Blount.

Recent visitors of Hugh and T.T. Edmondson were Maggie and Jimmy Edmondson, Sandra Terry, Angie Privette.

Mary and Cecil Tharpe and Angie Privette attended Jazmin Catron’s third birthday party at Edge Hill Baptist Church on Sunday. Mary and Cecil Tharpe attended the wedding reception for Joe and Kelly Franco on Sunday and visited with Mabel Hall in Evington.

Juanita Smiley visited Betty Collins Crews, Elise Conner, Owen Blount in the hospital during the week.

Angie Privette visited Nikki, Sharin, Jazmin and Noah Catron in Long Island on Sunday.

Recent visitors of Harvey and Florine Bomar were Inez and Ralph Fallen, Lewis Wade, Tommy Bomar, Jeff Bomar, Jimmy and Betty Bomar and friends and Angie Privette.

Willie and Libby Privette along with Little John and Buster visited the residents of Berry Hill Nursing Home Sunday.

Faye Edmondson, Judy Rice, Michelle, Christopher and Sierra Womack enjoyed lunch at Shoney’s in honor of Judy’s birthday.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week. Have a happy and safe week!

Mark and Mina Lacks visited Harvey and Florine Bomar during the week.

Clover UMW met at the church Monday with Wanda Snead presenting the program.

Scottsburg UMW met at the home of Gayle Conner with Marion Woodfin presenting the program.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.