The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Ramping up for solar jobs

SVCC starts worker training program in anticipation of big demand for installer positions

Mecklenburg trustees take look at shorter school day

Proposal calls for shaving minutes off daily schedule

Brewery makes plans to move to lakefront

Clarksville’s hometown craft brewery is moving to a lakeside location, with a planned opening in summer 2019.

Sports

Post 8 scrappy, with solid offense, pitching

Defensive miscues prove costly, but team able to get over shortcomings

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for March 14, 2016

SoVaNow.com / March 14, 2016

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “There Is a Fountain Filled with Blood” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “O How He Loves You and Me” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Great Is Thy Faithfulness.” Offertory hymn was “My Saviour’s Love” and choir anthem was “Why Should He Love Me So?” Rev. Kerry Halbert read Luke 15: 25-32 and his message was “The Good Son?” Sacraments of Holy Communion were observed and Sue Snead assisted. Communion hymn was “The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power” and closing hymn was “Softly and Tenderly.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “God Be With You ‘Til We Meet Again.” Tim Snead was usher and acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “The Way He Loves” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Thy Loving Kindness” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Love Divine, All Loves Excelling.” Offertory hymn was “Even So Lord Jesus Come” and ushers were Edd Edmondson and Jim Smith. Choir anthem was “I’m So Glad Jesus Lifted Me” and Rev. Halbert read Luke 15: 25-32 and his message “The Good Son?” Hymn of response was “Standing On the Promises” and Rev. Kerry Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “Softly and Tendering” and Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Wanda Snead was acolyte.

Remember our sick and shut-ins Mike Ligon, Rob Woodfin, Tim Thornburg, Wanda Thornburg, Meria Harris, Frances Wilson, Nelson Wilson, Thomas Snead, Wayne Newcomb, Reid Roller, Ann Womack, Frances Womack, Annie Womack, Teresa Farley, Willie Jones, Ann Jones, David Comer, Bonnie Comer, Judy Rice, Porsha Womack, Kenny Wayne Rice, Dale Compton, Tommy Francis, Kenneth Richardson, Caroline Laughorn, Bertha Hill.

Faye Edmondson and Chandler Toombs enjoyed dinner at Bojangles Friday.

The Vernon Hill community hosted a benefit for Teresa Farley on Sunday and the food, fellowship and attendance was excellent. Our prayers go out to Teresa and her family during her treatments.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.