The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search

Halifax accepts process for taking down Clarkton Bridge

Two arrested in connection with attack at Alford home

North Carolina authorities are reporting the arrests of two men in the Friday home invasion in Littleton, N.C. that left Nancy Alford dead and her husband, Brodnax pastor John Alford,…

Bluestone student fatally shot; juvenile suspect in custody

Tennis hopes to keep winning tradition

Clover News for March 24, 2016 / March 24, 2016

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Beneath the Cross of Jesus” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “We Have Come Into His House” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Take My Life and Let It Be.” Offertory hymn was “Are You Washed in the Blood?” Special music was a solo “When He Was on the Cross I Was on His Mind” by Billy Ligon. Choir anthem was “There Is Power in the Blood” and Rev. Halbert read Philippians 3: 7-11 and his message “Radical Christianity.” Closing hymn was “When We All Get to Heaven” and altar call was “I Need Thee Every Hour.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing, benediction as “God Be With You Til We Meet Again.” Tim Snead was usher and acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “O Happy Day” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Alleluia” by the choir and Rev. Halbert had remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.” Offertory hymn was “In His Time” and ushers were Edd Edmondson and Jim Smith. Choir anthem was “Since Jesus Came Into My Heart” and Rev. Halbert read Philippians 3: 7-11 and his message “Radical Christianity” followed by altar call. Closing hymn was “To God Be the Glory” and Megan Martin and Abbey Martin were acolytes. Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Threefold Amen.”

Remember our troops, and sick and shut-ins Mike Ligon, Rob Woodfin, Meria Harris, Tim Thornburg, Wanda Thornburg, Frances Wilson, Nelson Wilson, Thomas Snead, Michelle Womack, Willie Jones, Ann Jones, Jason Strohm, Tommy Francis, Kenneth Richardson, Reid Roller, Alfred Ligon, Wayne Newcomb, Ann Womack, Frances Womack, Annie Womack, Lynwood Martin, Bonnie Comer, David Comer, Hazel Tuck, Judy Rice, Porsha Womack, Kenny Wayne Rice, Dale Compton, Kenneth Richardson, Cameron Gilley.

Sympathy to the family and friends of Bertha Williams Hill and Dalhia Redd.

Scottsburg UMW met at the church Monday with Phyllis Ligon reading John 20 “The Empty Tomb.” Wanda Thornburg and Sue Snead read articles about deaconess and Faye Edmondson read about legacy and Lent. Everyone enjoyed the program and fellowship.

Chris and Michelle Womack, Henry Conner and Faye Edmondson visited Lynwood Martin in the hospital.

Michelle and Sierra Womack and Faye Edmondson enjoyed lunch at KFC.

Gayle Conner, Phyllis Ligon, Cathy Halbert, Nettie Irby and Becky Moorefield attended the Farmville UMW prayer breakfast at Brian’s.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.