The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Dems turn to Cockburn in 5th

In Halifax, an ideal day to celebrate the Earth

Halifax hosts hearing on amended town budget

Sports

Comets improve to 10-3 with sweep of GW

Harlow throws one-hitter in 6-0 win Thursday

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for March 28, 2016

SoVaNow.com / March 28, 2016

(For the week of March 20-26)

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Worthy Is the Lamb” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “We Will Glorify” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements, hymn of praise was “I Stand Amazed in the Presence” and offertory hymn was “Jesus Paid It All.” Choir anthem was “Tell Me the Story of Jesus” and Rev. Kerry Halbert read Luke 23 and his message “Finding Jesus.” Hymn of response was “Near to the Heart of God.” Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “Precious Lord Take My Hand.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “God Be With You ‘Til We Meet Again.” Tim Snead was usher and acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Until Then” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Fill My Cup Lord” by the choir and Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks, announcements and hymn of praise was “Tell Me the Story of Jesus.” Offertory hymn was “Jesus, Lover of My Soul.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Jim Smith. Choir anthem was “I Must Tell Jesus” and Rev. Halbert read Luke 23: 1-49 with his message “Finding Jesus.” Hymn of response was “Precious Name” and Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “Alas and Did My Saviour Bleed.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Threefold Amen.” Wanda Snead was acolyte.

Remember our troops, sick and shut-ins Mike Ligon, Rob Woodfin, Meria Harris, Tim Thornburg, Wanda Thornburg, Alfred Ligon, Frances Wilson, Nelson Wilson, Thomas Snead, Wayne Newcomb, Reid Roller, Michelle Womack, Bonnie Comer, Hubcap Comer, Ann Womack, Annie Womack, Frances Womack, Teresa Farley, Tommy Francis, Kenneth Richardson, Caroline Laughorn, David Comer, Hazel Tuck, Judy Rice, Porsha Womack, Kenny Wayne Rice, Dale Compton, Lynwood Martin in your prayers.

Chris and Michelle Womack, Faye Edmondson and Henry Conner visited Lynwood Martin in the hospital.

Michelle and Sierra Womack and Faye Edmondson enjoyed lunch at KFC Sunday.

Bible study at Scottsburg UMC April 2 at 7:00 p.m.

Clover UMW will host a Beans and Jeans meal at the church April 9 at 5:00 p.m. and will also have a stew April 16 at 11:00 a.m.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.