The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

No let-up in recriminations for Mecklenburg County School Board

Trustees argue over call to oust Bullock, Thornton; lawyer intervenes

Clarksville recognizes volunteer effort

Nunn named recipient of Kathleen Walker Lifetime Achievement Award

Clarksville makes list of Top 10 Virginia destinations for Christmas vibe

Sports

Comets easily handle Tunstall 57-39

Face Person Saturday in final tuneup before Classic

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for March 6, 2014

SoVaNow.com / March 06, 2014

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “There’s a Little Pine Log Cabin” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “He Is Lord” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements. Hymn of praise was “The Church’s One Foundation.” Offertory hymn was “Mansion Over the Hilltop.” Special music was “Remind Me Dear Lord” by Lee. Choir anthem was “Without Him.” Rev. Kerry Halbert read I Corinthians 3: 10-11 and his message “Using the Gift that God Gave Me.” Hymn of dedication was “Let There Be Peace on Earth.” Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “My Hope is Built.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Precious Name.” Tim Snead was usher and acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Revive Us Again” by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Let’s Just Praise the Lord” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “O How I Love Jesus.” Offertory hymn was “Father God.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and David Conner. Choir anthem was “Glory to His Name.” Rev. Halbert read I Corinthians 3: 10-11 and his message “Usher the Gift That God Gave Me.” Hymn of dedication was “The Church’s One Foundation.” Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “Open My Eyes That I May See.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “God Be With You.” Wanda Snead was acolyte.

Remember the sick, shut-ins, troops and the family and friends of Raleigh Wilkerson, Bobbie Howard Taylor, Randolph Thomas Henderson, Sr.

Angie Privette enjoyed lunch at Ernie’s last week with the ladies group for Church of God.

Juanita Smiley visited Christie Wilkerson Sunday.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.