The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

No let-up in recriminations for Mecklenburg County School Board

Trustees argue over call to oust Bullock, Thornton; lawyer intervenes

Clarksville recognizes volunteer effort

Nunn named recipient of Kathleen Walker Lifetime Achievement Award

Clarksville makes list of Top 10 Virginia destinations for Christmas vibe

Sports

Comets easily handle Tunstall 57-39

Face Person Saturday in final tuneup before Classic

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for May 12, 2014

SoVaNow.com / May 12, 2014

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Heavenly Sunlight” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Learning to Lean” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks, announcements and hymn of praise was “My Faith Looks Up to Thee.” Offertory hymn was “Without Him.” Cathy Halbert told the youth story “The Walk to Emmaus.” Choir anthem was “Surely Goodness and Mercy.” Rev. Halbert read Luke 24: 13-35 and his message “Walking with Jesus.” Hymn of dedication was “Blessed Assurance.” Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “My Hope is Built.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Bond of Love.” Tim Snead was acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.” Offertory hymn was “My Lord Jesus Come.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Johnny Snead. Choir anthem was “He Lifted Me.” Rev. Halbert read Luke 24: 13-35 and his message “Walking with Jesus.” Hymn of dedication was “Open My Eyes That I May See.” Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “Abide With Me.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Bond of Love.” Summer Martin and Reese Wooding was acolyte.

Remember the sick and shut-ins, our troops and Jessica Terry, Meghan Weatherford, Brenda Hammock, James Glass, Mike Ligon, Betty Thornburg, Thomas Snead, Wayne Newcomb, Michael Chappell, Mike Toombs, David Comer, Dale Compton, Reid Roller, Herbert Comer, Bonnie Comer.

Our sympathy to the family and friends of Shirley Ann Reaves Poole.

Michelle, Sierra and Curt Womack enjoyed SpiderMan Friday.

Angie Privette attended the women’s conference Thursday thru Sunday.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.