The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Ramping up for solar jobs

SVCC starts worker training program in anticipation of big demand for installer positions

Mecklenburg trustees take look at shorter school day

Proposal calls for shaving minutes off daily schedule

Brewery makes plans to move to lakefront

Clarksville’s hometown craft brewery is moving to a lakeside location, with a planned opening in summer 2019.

Sports

Post 8 scrappy, with solid offense, pitching

Defensive miscues prove costly, but team able to get over shortcomings

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for May 16, 2016

SoVaNow.com / May 16, 2016

(For the week May 8-14)

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Hallelujah! Praise the Lamb” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Holy Spirit Thou Art Welcome” by Lee Snead. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “He Touched Me.” Offertory hymn was “Shine, Jesus Shine” and special music was a solo by Bill Ligon “What a Friend We Have in Mother.” Lee Snead sang “Knowing That You’ll Be There” and Rev. Halbert read Acts 16: 22-34 and his message “Sirs, What Must I Do To Be Saved?” Hymn of response was “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms” and with Rev. Halbert having joys and concerns, prayer and leading the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “God Will Take Care of You.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Precious Name.” Tim Snead was usher and acolyte. Faye Edmondson presented the mother’s with a red rose.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “The Longer I Serve Him” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “My Tribute” by the choir and Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and announcement. Hymn of praise was “He Touched Me” and offertory hymn was “Jesus Is Lord of All.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Joey Bonker. Choir anthem was “Precious Memories” and Rev. Halbert read Acts 16: 23-34 and his message “Sirs, What Must I Do To Be Saved?” Hymn of response was “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms” with Rev. Halbert having joys and concerns, prayer and leading the Lord’s prayer. Closing hymn was “Softly and Tenderly” and Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing. Benediction was “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus.” Betty Fifer was acolyte.

Special prayers for Mike Ligon, Rob Woodfin, Tim Thornburg, Wanda Thornburg, Meria Harris, Alfred Ligon, Frances Wilson, Nelson Wilson, Thomas Snead, Reid Roller, Earl Watts, Nelson Crews, Roy Lowery, Wayne Newcomb, Helen Watts, Loretta Tharpe, Ann Womack, Frances Womack, Teresa Farley, Caroline Laughorn, Tommy Francis, Kenneth Richardson, Cameron Estes Gilley, Ann Jones, Lauren Spangler, Hazel Tuck, David Comer, Judy Rice, Porsha Womack, Kenny Wayne Rice, Dale Compton, Hester Comer, Bonnie Comer, Anna Glasscock.

Sympathy to the family and friends of W.R. Snead, Sr., Lawrence Bass, Sr., Harvey Leon Wood and Beatrice Waller Jordan.

Jason Toombs hosted a cookout Sunday for Michelle Womack’s birthday and Mother’s Day. Everyone enjoyed the food and fellowship.

Scottsburg UMW met at the church Monday with Cathy Halbert leading the program “Missionaries.”

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Faye Edmondson visited Willie and Ann Jones Saturday.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.