The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search

HCSA adopts insurance plan, honors longtime employee

Halifax County school job fair draws healthy turnout

Halifax County jobless rate rises to 5.2 percent in January

Comets open with 8-1 win over Appomattox

Clover News for May 30, 2016 / May 30, 2016

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Grace Greater Thank Our Sin” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Learning to Lean” by the choir and Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements. Hymn of praise “My Hope is Built” and offertory hymn was “This Is the Day.” Ushers were Tim Snead and Eric Snead. Choir anthem was “Higher Ground” and Rev. Halbert read Romans 5: 1-5 and his message “Suffering, Perseverance, Character and Hope.” Altar call hymn was “I Know Who Holds Tomorrow” and closing hymn was “Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God Almighty.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Precious Name” with Tim Snead serving as acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “This Is My Song” played by Joyce Edmondson. Call to worship was “Yes, Lord Yes” by the choir and Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements. Rev. Halbert read Romans 5: 1-5 and his message “Suffering, Perseverance, Character and Hope.” Hymn of praise was “Blessed Assurance” and offertory hymn “Trusting Jesus.” Ushers were Edd Edmondson and David Conner. Special music was a solo by Allan Anderson “The Longer I Serve Him.” Choir anthem was “Why Do I Sing About Jesus?” and closing hymn was “Amazing Grace.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing, with benediction “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus.” Wanda Snead was acolyte.

Prayer list: Mike Ligon, Rob Woodfin, Meria Harris, Tim Thornburg, Wanda Thornburg, Frances Wilson, Nelson Wilson, Thomas Snead, Wayne Newcomb, Betty Anderson, Kasey Morris, Maddie Jackson, Caroline Laughorn, Ann Womack, Frances Womack, Teresa Farley, Roy Lowery, Hazel Tuck, Joyce Lowery, David Comer, Judy Rice, Porsha Womack, Kenny Wayne Rice, Dale Compton, Hester Comer, Anna Glasscock, Michelle Womack, Ann Jones, Nelson Crews.

Sympathy to the family and friends of Scott Adams, Beth Cole Laitkep, Hazel Fletcher, June Baker Jones, Douglas Wayne Vaughan, Sr., Quentin Clark and Quincy Thomas.

Karen Conner hosted a spaghetti and birthday dinner for Alicia on Sunday at Dan River Ruritan Club and everyone enjoyed the food and fellowship.

Alfred Ligon celebrated his birthday with family at Molasses Grill Saturday.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.