The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Halifax Council to hear from Lineburg, consider bamboo growth

Halifax County jobless rate dips to 4.3 percent

Rock n’ Read returns to library

Sports

Season ends for Comets

Fall 60-19 to North Stafford

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for May 9, 2016

SoVaNow.com / May 09, 2016

Worship serve at Scottsburg MMC opened with the prelude “The Sacrifice of Praise”played by Lee Snead. The call to worship was “Worthy of Praise” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements. The hymn of praise was “Spirit Song.” The offertory hymn was “Go Light Your World.” The choir anthem was “Since Jesus Came Into My Heart.” Rev. Halbert read John 14:23-29 and his message was on “Peace Is What I Leave With You.” The sacraments of holy communion were observed and Sue Snead assisted. The communion hymn was “On Eagle’s Wings.” The closing hymn was “Trust and Obey.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and the benediction was “Take The Name of Jesus With You.” Tim Snead was the usher and acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude, “Christ The Lord Is Risen Today,” played by Joyce Edmondson. The call to worship was “All Creatures Of Our God and King” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements.

The hymn of praise was “Spirit Song.: The offertory hymn was UnderHis Wings.: Ushers were Edd Edmondson and Jim Smith. The choir anthem was “Because He Lives.” Rev. Halbert read John 14:23-29 and his message was on “Peace Is What I Leave With You.” The hymn of response was “There’s Within My Heart a Melody.” Rev. Halbert had joys and concerns, prayer and led the Lord’s Prayer. The closing hymn was “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and the benediction was “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus.” Elise Bishop was the acolyte.

Remember the sick and shut-ins and our troops: Mike Ligon, Rob Woodfin, Meria Harris, Tim Thornburg, Wanda Thornburg, Alfred Ligon, Frances Wilson, Nelson Wilson, Thomas Snead Wayne Newcomb, Caroline Laughorn, Helen Watts, Loretta Tharpe, Cameron Estes Gilley, Ann Womack, Teresa Farley, Frances Wo9mack, Bonnie Comer, Hubcap Comer, Hester Comer, Hazel Tuck, David Comer, Judy Rice, Porsha Womack, Kenny Wayne Rice, Dale Compton, Tommy Frances and Kenneth Richardson.

Sympathy to the family and friends of Thurman Perkins, Sr. and Linda Lloyd Seamster.

Happy Birthday to those celebrating and happy anniversary to Harry and Diane Austin.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.