The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

South Hill veterans benefits office slated to close

Rent cited as site’s downfall

EASY DOES IT

After years of preparation and with help of seven area rescue squads, VCU-CMH completes ‘flawless’ transfer of patients to new facility Saturday

Hospital improves grade on safety evaluation

Sports

Comets focus on Xs and Os

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Clover News for Sept. 14, 2017

SoVaNow.com / September 14, 2017

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “Holy Spirit Truth Divine” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Breathe On Me” by the choir. Rev. Kerry Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Be Still My Soul.” Offertory hymn was “I Will Praise Him” and choir anthem was “Wherever He Leads I’ll Go.” Rev. Kerry Halbert read Matthew 16: 21-27 and his message “Carry Your Cross and Follow Me” with hymn of response “Where He Leads Me.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing and benediction was “Threefold Amen” and Tim Snead was usher and acolyte.

Worship service at Clover UMC opened with the prelude “Freely, Freely” played by Joyce Edmondson and call to worship was “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus” by the choir. Rev. Halbert had welcome remarks and announcements and hymn of praise was “Nearer My God To Thee.” Offertory hymn was “My Faith Looks Up To Thee” and ushers were Edd Edmondson and Jim Smith. Choir anthem was “Why Do I Sing About Jesus” and Rev. Halbert read Matthew 16: 21-27 and his message “Carry Your Cross and Follow Me” with hymn of response “Where He Leads Me.” Rev. Halbert had dismissal blessing, benediction was “Threefold Amen” and Wanda Snead was acolyte.

Prayer list: Mike Ligon, Rob Woodfin, Frances Wilson, Nelson Wilson, Thomas Snead, Wayne Newcomb, Helen Watts, Loretta Tharpe, Reid Roller, Caroline Laughorn, Bailey Clark, Hunter Powell, Teresa Farley, Ann Womack, Forrest Davis, Charles Osborne, Frances Womack, Virginia Short, Ann Jones, Roy Lowery, David Comer, Dwight Comer, Judy Rice, Kenny Race, Kenny Wayne Rice, Porsha Womack, Dale Compton, Sammy Wayne Snead, Linda Carrington, Rosa Lane Compton, Ronnie Womack, Lois Womack.

Clover UMW met at the church Monday with a potato bar and the program and food was enjoyed by all.

Sympathy to the family and friends of Jerry Gordan and Will Greer.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating this week.

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.