The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

South Boston earmarks $1,000 for botanical gardens

Mecklenburg County reaps $2 mil vehicle tax windfall

Soaring value of cars on the road creates unexpected surge in revenues; supervisors ponder uses for money

Last Homecoming

Sports

Comet volleyball falls to Bassett, Franklin County

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Hitesburg News for Feb. 20, 2014

SoVaNow.com / February 20, 2014

Sunday, call to worship was “Open Your Heart” by the choir at Hitesburg Baptist Church. The Reverend Mike Riley read the announcements and welcomed everyone. Hymn was “I Love to Tell the Story”. Prayer time ended with a prayer from the Deacon of the Week, Jimmy Wilson. Hymn was “Send the Light”. The choir special was “I Know Who Holds Tomorrow”. Everyone fellowshipped with one another while Deborah Pulliam, pianist/organist, played a couple of verses. The Rev. Riley brought the sermon entitiled “Questions of God Series #5-Whom Shall I Send and Who Will Go For Us?”. Scripture came from Isaiah 6:1-8, 2 Chronicles 16:9, 2 Timothy 2:21, 1 Peter 4:12-14 and John 3:18. Hymn was “I Have Decided to Follow Jesus”. Visitors at HBC Sunday included Joshua Haden, Luke Haden and Tyrus Haden.

Leslie Overby visited Ruth Overby throughout the week. Saturday, Connie Cranfill and Gwen Driskill visited her.

Last Sunday, Mr. and Mrs. Roosevelt Stone visited Dale and Linda Morris and Donnie and Anne Morris in Berea, NC. Saturday evening, Roosevelt and Judy went to a birthday party for Breanna Truitt at Milano’s in Oxford, NC.

Last Tuesday, Abraham Tillotson went to the Senior Citizens’ gathering at HBC. Last Wednesday, he visited Jimmy Sanford and Mary Galloway.

Jacob Overbey, Carissa Overby, Jade Overby and Haley Overby went to a friend’s house Friday evening to enjoy some sleigh riding and other snow activities. Saturday, all four of them went to the movie theater in Danville.

Mr. and Mrs. Dean Elliott went out to eat in Clarksville Friday evening for Valentine’s Day. Saturday, Ann visited with Parker Arrington.

Gwen Driskill visited Mr. and Mrs. Bobby Cranfill Friday. She spent the night there and left Sunday.

Remember the sick, lost and/or unchurched and those who have lost loved ones including the Margaret Elliott family. Remember our great country, Middle East Situation, people searching for jobs, those on missions and the Missionaries throughout the world as well. Also, remember our troops including Mariah Johns Adkins, Timmy Wilkinson, Jonathon Fisher, Jesse Lee Seamons, Brandon Barksdale and Dan Elliott, BIRTHDAYS: Jink Overbey, Janet Bryant, Christie Merck, Colleen Merck, Alma Anderson, Heiter Griffin, Betty Willamson, Ronnie Overbey, Donnie Martin, David Allen, Lisa Riley, Jimmy Sanford.

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.