The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Venture to the Treat Trail in Halifax

What to expect Halloween night in South Boston

Work begins at Halifax Community Clock Plaza

Sports

Comets routed by Magna Vista

The Warriors shredded the Comets on the way to a 78-21 win.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Hitesburg News for July 25, 2013

SoVaNow.com / July 25, 2013
Sunday, call to worship was verse one of “Sunshine in My Soul” by the choir at Hitesburg Baptist Church. The Reverend Mike Riley read the announcements and welcomed everyone. Hymn was “He Keeps Me Singing.” Prayer time ended with a prayer from the Deacon of the Week, Ronnie Pulliam. Hymn was “Open My Eyes That I May See.” Choir special was “He Touched Me.” Everyone fellowshipped with one another while Deborah Pulliam, pianist/organist, played a couple of verses. The Rev. Riley brought the sermon entitiled “Is Your Cup Running Over?.” Scripture came from John 7:37-39, Phillipians 3:20, Malachi 3:10, John 10:35 and Acts 2:44-47. Hymn was “Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus.” Visitors at HBC Sunday included a couple of believers.

Last Monday, Norma Elliott attended Vacation Bible School at Millcreek Baptist church. Last Tuesday, she, as well as Sam Parham, Inez Young and Ruth Overby, went to a birthday celebration for Mr. Parham at Harold Young’s.

Last Tuesday, Donnie Morris and Ethan Morris visited Mr. and Mrs. Roosevelt Stone. Sunday, Mrs. Stone went to Oxford, NC to visit Virginia Jones and Ila Winn. She also visited Mike and Debbie Elliott while there.

Friday, Abraham Tillotson visited Donald and Evone Jacobs. Sunday,

Mr. Tillotson went to the homecoming at Buffalo Baptist Tabernacle.

Sunday, Beth visited Lynn and Annie Sue Overby.

Sunday, Gaye Rice visited Decatur Overbey.

Remember the sick, lost and those who have lost loved ones including the Francis Tuck family, the Edward Jones family, the Jr. Hudson family and the Cordelia Tucker family. Remember our great country and the problems in it, the lost/unchurched, HBC, hospital and nursing home patients, the lost, the HBC nominating committee and Deacon nominating committee, High View Baptist Church Congregation and Pastor, people serving on mission, and each other as well. Also, remember our troops including Mariah Johns Adkins, Timmy Wilkinson, Brian Seate, Forest Clark, Jonathan Fisher and Dan Elliott, BIRTHDAYS: Erica Elliott, Brett Ralston, Mandy Malone, Leslie

Overby, Alice Loftis, Tyler Newton, Ethan Riley, Cale Newton, Carl

Smith, Marilisa Nunez, ANNIVERSARIES: Wally and Kathy Babel.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.