The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Mecklenburg trustees reschedule for July 31 to talk contract extension for Thornton

Board chair hails performance, but move draws outside fire

Water authority looks to Banister for backup

In wake of coal ash spill, and with N.C. localities looking to tap the Dan, HCSA eyes alternatives

HIDDEN TREASURE

Geocaching is challenging and fun, and available in Halifax and surrounding area

Sports

Complex hosts tournaments

A total of 17 teams will compete for the Dixie Youth baseball AAA and O-Zone state crowns.

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Red Bank News for Dec. 27, 2012

SoVaNow.com / December 26, 2012
Rev. Sidney Rodriguez, interim pastor of Union Christian Church, delivered the Sunday sermon; Barbara Carnevale was music director; Lesley Cole and Amber Tuck were acolytes; Wayne Bowen was greeter; special music was “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.”

Thanks to all who have checked on me since I have been sick for some time. I hope to be back soon on regular time. Thank you!

We have special prayer for all the sick and shut-ins in our area.

Thanks to Fannie Mae Tuck, Louise Jaloway and Lottie Nunn for all the good works done for the American Legion Auxiliary during the holidays and at all times.

Mr. and Mrs. Tony McGregor were weekend guests of her mother, Hannah M. Hite. Friday visitors were Jennifer Jean Clement, Mary Anna and Sarah Elizabeth Clement, Willie Shotwell, Henry Murray, Billy Murray and Louise Jaloway.

Mr. and Mrs. Allen Keeton had Catherine Smith as dinner guest Sunday.

Dorothy Smith was overnight guest of Catherine Smith Saturday and she visited Mrs. John Murray Sunday.

Mr. and Mrs. Bob Harris were overnight guests of his mother, Mrs. Mary L. Murray Monday. Barbara Loftis and Wanda Loftis visited during the week.

Catherine Smith visited Mr. and Mrs. Tom Conner during the week.

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.